Replies

• TexanThom
    TexanThom Posts: 778
    Options
    SouperSalad....
  • stephabef
    stephabef Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    There's a place called Seasons 52 near me. The whole restaurant is seasonal and all items are less than 500 calories - all listed on the website, of course. All the servers are in shape, and the restaurant provides them with gym memberships. I'd love to work there! They're really passionate about using seasonal foods and flavors, as well as providing the consumer with the health benefits.
  • Llyrian
    Llyrian Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I was just looking at Seasons 52's website. I wish they'd open one in my country! :(
  • WhatDoesLisa
    WhatDoesLisa Posts: 214
    Options
    i love chipolte....the burrito bowl is a good choice if you add the right ingrediants and you can get 2 meals out of it!

I do the salad bowl. Romaine lettuce on the bottom, no rice, no cheese. I skip their salad dressing since I don't know what is in it so I use the hot or medium salsa as dressing. I am kind of addicted to it.
  • RipperSB
    RipperSB Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Eating out can be a nightmare, but it is routine that my family often follows a couple times a week.

Where do you find to be diet-friendly? I'm not going to presume that they're actually "healthy" but it's better than eating salads ALL the time.

For me, the standbys are Panera--a cafe that serves some great sandwich and soups--and recently IHOP. Yes, IHOP. They have a "Simple and Fit" menu that doesn't suck--omelets, turkey bacon, waffles with fruit on top.

Any restaurant that is listed in the MFP database or has their nutritional information available is fine with me because then I can plan. My problems start when I go to one of my local diners, drive-ins and dives is the wild-*kitten* guessing I have to do because the nutrional information is not readily available.
  • fdny9943
    fdny9943 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    If you watch how things are cooked and get grilled or broiled and not fried and also ask for no sauce or dressing on the side any place should be doable. Just make health choices. Ask for extra veggies instead of starch (potatoes) and ask how things are prepared. Any good restaurant can give you what you want, you just have to ask.
  • stephabef
    Options
    I was just looking at Seasons 52's website. I wish they'd open one in my country! :(

They have one idea that I really love - "mini indulgences." Basically, they make their desserts in shot glasses, so they're SUPER portion controlled, but you get a couple of bites. I've actually seen this pop up in a few other restaurants near me - hopefully it's catching on!
  • lukeout007
    lukeout007 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options

They have one idea that I really love - "mini indulgences." Basically, they make their desserts in shot glasses, so they're SUPER portion controlled, but you get a couple of bites. I've actually seen this pop up in a few other restaurants near me - hopefully it's catching on!

I can think of at least 3 huge chain restaurants that do this...I'd say it's caught on...
  • MyOwnSunshine
    MyOwnSunshine Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Famous Dave's BBQ has a light menu with steamed broccoli and grilled pineapple as sides. I love their Naked Ribs.

Chipotle -- their steak bowl is amazing for low or no carbers. You can get brown rice or no rice.
  • stephabef
    Options

I can think of at least 3 huge chain restaurants that do this...I'd say it's caught on...

Right on! I never really go to chain restaurants so I didn't know, but that's GREAT to hear! :)