All About Me!

huskeymom
huskeymom Posts: 84
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
I have not introduced myself yet, I joined a little while ago, just never got around to posting in the boards. I am 30yr (soon to be 31 eek) I am a mother of 2 girls, oldest is 3.5yr and the youngest is 2yr. Last year in January my father was rushed in for angioplastic (spelling?) which failed and then had a double bypass surgery in Feb... what an eye opener. I weighed in at 220lbs in January of 2008 and by September 2008 I lost 65lbs. I used to love jogging and started increasing my stamina during my lunch hour and started out only doing 2km and by August I was donig 10km during my 1 hour lunchtime. Just from starting to eat right and getting more active helped lose a ton of weight. I am currently at 153lbs and feeling great. (I gained 3lbs since the great holidays started) I thought by the time I got to my goal of 150lbs I would be satisfied with my appearance, but I guess with the self image of always being fat, I will never look at myself as being skinny. That is goign to be my biggest hurdle.

I think I might want to just lose 5lbs but more of just losing the belly flab that I have gained from having 2 kids in such a close age.

Look forward to getting to know all of you.

Jen

Replies

• I have not introduced myself yet, I joined a little while ago, just never got around to posting in the boards. I am 30yr (soon to be 31 eek) I am a mother of 2 girls, oldest is 3.5yr and the youngest is 2yr. Last year in January my father was rushed in for angioplastic (spelling?) which failed and then had a double bypass surgery in Feb... what an eye opener. I weighed in at 220lbs in January of 2008 and by September 2008 I lost 65lbs. I used to love jogging and started increasing my stamina during my lunch hour and started out only doing 2km and by August I was donig 10km during my 1 hour lunchtime. Just from starting to eat right and getting more active helped lose a ton of weight. I am currently at 153lbs and feeling great. (I gained 3lbs since the great holidays started) I thought by the time I got to my goal of 150lbs I would be satisfied with my appearance, but I guess with the self image of always being fat, I will never look at myself as being skinny. That is goign to be my biggest hurdle.

I think I might want to just lose 5lbs but more of just losing the belly flab that I have gained from having 2 kids in such a close age.

Look forward to getting to know all of you.

Jen
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Hey Jen Welcome:drinker:
This discussion has been closed.