Personal goal to lose 30 lbs by my B-Day...Any advise??

Options
Hi folks, today makes day # 5 using MFP. I'm having fun counting my cals, tracking my workouts and making new Friends!!
I have a short-term goal to lose 30 pounds by my B day Dec 6. So far I have lost 12. My workouts consist of 40 mins of Taebo-Cardio in the mornings and 30 mins of strength training in the evenings; I do this at least 3 times a week. I try to stay under my allowed calories and drink nothing but water. (Although, after doing a little research, I think my portions are still too big). My question is does anyone have any advise to help me reach my goal? Or am I on a productive track? I really want to maximize my workouts/diet and hit my goal!! Thx in adv!
Ps: Feel free to add me as a friend !!

Replies

• hardatwork45
    hardatwork45 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I am probably not the right person to respond but I'll give it a try. I think if you are able to increase your workout to at least 5 times a week instead of 3 you may get faster results. sounds like you are doing everything else right to me but i'm sure some of the others may have better suggestions but good luck to you.
  • MrsM1ggins
    MrsM1ggins Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    If you're worried about portion size get a kitchen scale and weigh everything. It's a PITA to start off with, but you soon get in the habit.

Eventually you'll be able to eyeball your portions, but until then weighing your food is the best way to be sure.
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    It would be helpful to see your diary.
  • JJasMyself
    JJasMyself Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hi! My goal is to lose 20lbs by my B-day, which is Dec 2!!! How cool is that! I have to lose 5 lbs a month from the time I started and I lost 7.5 in the 1st month so I'm on the right track. It really sounds like you are on the right track too. If you were honest about your activity level and weight when you first signed up on MFP, staying under your calorie goal and working out the way you are should do just fine. If you're not losing weight at the rate you need to to accomplish this goal then you may want to kick it up to working out 4 or 5 times a week (if your schedule will allow that) even if one of your workouts is just going for a half hour walk or something. Let's keep each other motivated so we can both celebrate accomplishing our goals along with another year of life in Dec!
  • tritta01
    Options
    You can do it! just keep doing what your doing, make sure you are watching your sodium intake and drink your water and you should be set!!!
  • Kristy144
    Options
    It is possible! I would say work out 5x a week and boost up your endurance, as well as stay away from too much sodium, drink lots of water and stay withing your calories!
  • Doomfrog
    Options
    Get a kitchen scale and a heart rate monitor! You will be able to accurately measure portions and measure calories burned to make sure you are not under/over estimating.
  • trilikeagirl
    Options
    I don't eat back all of my workout calories. I eat enough of them back that I feel good, maybe half. And the lower our sugar intake, the happier we'll be on weigh day. :) That's a tough one. There is sugar in everything!!
  • Iwillshyne
    Options
    Absolutely!! I started out at 247 in June. By the time I got my MFP acct I lost 12 lbs. My total goal is 85 pounds by this time next year. Add me, yes we can mos def help each other out! DECEMBER!!!!