Sexy in Six **Closed Group!** Week 3 Chit-Chat

Options
First, I need to address some business before we get to the fun stuff. Weigh ins are Friday by MIDNIGHT! I will put a note on my status Friday evenings as to who I'm missing. If you submitted your form but your name is still on the list, please resubmit it, THEN email me to let me know. If I'm aware of technical issues as they happen, we can solve issues quicker. Also, if you want to leave the challenge, PLEASE email me. I promise I won't tar and feather you! I understand we all have a lot going on outside of MFP and sometimes this site needs to take a backseat. That's fine! Just let me know so I'm not emailing you for days bugging you. (I only say this because I've had 3 people quit without saying anything to me within the last week.)

Our teams have lost a few members this week. Green and Purple teams, you still have all 10 members. Pink team has 9, and Blue team you have 8. You can email me privately if you want to know who left your team.
We also have TEAM CAPTAINS, who will be helping to keep an eye on things and make sure everyone is participating and encouraging one another. Your team captains are (drum roll please!): Ranewell for Pink, sarah61587 for Blue, and persanta for Purple! Kimi131 will be my sidekick for Green. Thank you, ladies, for offering to help! :love:

Without further delay, I give you the week's standings!

Our winning team this week was BLUE TEAM!!!! You lost 13.2 pounds and had a combined 37 days meeting the water challenge. Your total points for the week were 20.6! Lwdllc was the biggest winner for your team with a loss of 2.8 pounds. Great job!

Up next is the GREEN TEAM! You lost 9.1 pounds and completed the challenge a total of 47 days, giving you a total of 18.5 points for the week. Feydruss was the team champion with the biggest loss of 3.2 pounds! Awesome job!

Barely coming in third place is the PINK TEAM! You tied with the green team with a weight loss of 9.1 pounds, but your combined challenge days was 44, putting your total points for the week at 17.9. What a close one! Although Pink Team has bragging rights....their star of the week had the BIGGEST loss of anyone this week! Congrats to Megan_Mae, who had a big ol' 3.4 loss! Great job, Pink Team!

Last but not least is the PURPLE TEAM!!! You had a weight loss of 7.6 pounds overall and met the challenge a combined 35 days. This gave you a total of 14.6 points. Purple Team gives us our first tie for team winner! Both smte *AND* tjutrostina had losses of 2.4 pounds. Amazing job!

I'm so proud of you guys this week! Many people were reporting TOM and overall crappy weeks, but we still had some nice losses! Keep up the great work, ladies! You all are inspiring :flowerforyou:

The challenge for this week, as requested, is going to be physical. You are NOT required to add it to the previous challenges, but if you would like to do under calories AND 8 glasses on top of this week, go for it! That will give even better results and bragging rights to teammates :wink: This week, I am challenging you all to do 50 sit ups (or crunches) a day in addition to your regular exercise. Don't forget to log it (under calisthenics)!!!

Lastly, our questions this week will go to:
Monday: zaiikaa
Tuesday: smte
Wednesday: nicoleAJ
Thursday: sakus32
Friday: siyal8r

Let's have an awesome week, everyone!!! :bigsmile:

Replies

• ranewell
    ranewell Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Great job everyone!!! I love the challenges (and that they're all things I've been working on weekly!) We did great Pink Team! We are gonna rock this week!
  • Hope228
    Hope228 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Way to go everyone!
  • sakus32
    sakus32 Posts: 101
    Options
    Great Job to all the teams . . . . . this week is going to rock!!!!! Purple will knock it outta the park, I know it. BTW, I'm secretly glad its 50 crunches and not 50 push ups :)
  • bachooka
    bachooka Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Argh!!! Crunches... oh well I will do them first thing each morning. And I don't think I could give up the water even if i wanted to... :P
  • zaiikaa
    zaiikaa Posts: 112
    Options
    I'm going to go ahead and post early.

Week 3 Question:
    Monday’s QoTD: Name your top pantry staples that you've added to your repertoire since starting your journey and how you most often use them. Please be specific.

Mine:

-Eggs. I buy them in bulk from Sam’s Club. I have one whole egg and several whites for breakfast several times a week. Super healthy and filling. I eat them plain scrambled, make an omelette, throw them in a breakfast burrito, or use them in fried rice. Sometimes I'll have a hardboiled one for lunch. This is a major change for me--I used to eat eggs only on Christmas morning!

-Blueberries. Not gonna lie, not my favorite fruit. But I know they’re a “superfood,” so I try to throw them in however I can. They’re actually pretty good all hot and ready to burst in my fiber one pancakes. Plus, the sugar isn't super high.

-Hershey’s Dark Chocolate Kisses. I’ve never been a fan of dark chocolate, but these are a godsend. I keep them frozen and suck on one when a craving hits. It hits the spot, but it’s not so deliciously sweet that it makes me want to eat the whole bag. I'd definitely recommend trying dark chocolate to quench your cravings, even if you've never liked it before.

-Angelhair pasta. Pre-MFP, this was by far my least favorite pasta. I loved spirals, bowties, and all the fun shapes. However, now that I'm counting calories, I'm in love with this! A 200 calorie portion of angelhair (a serving) looks so big and seems so much more filling than a serving of the other types of pasta. I know it's all in my head, but this helps me stick to portion control. I even use it in pasta salad.

-PopSecret Kettle Corn 100 Calorie Bag. Again, pre MPF, I would NEVER have reached for popcorn for a snack. I'm still not big on regular, but Kettle hits the spot. (As you can tell, I have a sweet tooth). It's filling and pretty much guilt free for these 100 calorie bags. Definitely give it a try! Gotta love anything that's 100 calories and takes a while to eat...
  • feydruss
    feydruss Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Great job everyone! I gotta admit, I'm nervous about the next two weeks, because I'm travelling to three different places. It's harder to log and make the best choices when you're on "vacation" (travelling with two babies is not really a vacation LOL).

Monday QOTD answer:
    My go to foods?

Eggs (I'll scramble one whole and one white together. I also love soft-boiled eggs)
    Bread for Life (Flax) -- so yummy, and two slices has 140cal and 12g of protein!
    Skim milk
    Tuna snack packs
  • j99li
    j99li Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I LOVE this challenge! Since I am out of exercising due to knee issues, I have been doing 200 situps/crunches a day!!
  • NicholeAJ
    Options
    Monday’s QoTD: Name your top pantry staples that you've added to your repertoire since starting your journey and how you most often use them. Please be specific.

Eggs: I eat them almost everyday mixed with egg whites and turkey sausage crumbles by Jimmy dean

Luna bars: love them best protein bar ever, the minis are great to keep in your purse in case you are out

Tilapia: I buy the bag of them from Costco and cook them on the George Forman quick easy and good for u!
  • ranewell
    ranewell Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Monday qotd: my staples are eggs, oatmeal, blueberries, kashi cereal, tilapia, ground turkey, laughing cow cheese and skinny cow ice cream (better than most "regular" ice cream, I think!
  • bachooka
    bachooka Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Week 3 Question:

Laughing Cow Light Cheese Wedges and Pretzels... I love them. I eat them by dipping the pretzels in the cheese... it's delicious. :)
  • kristyann86
    kristyann86 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    MONDAY QOTD: cabinet staple foods

breakfast: oatmeal

lunch: some sort of 6pk crackers and a yoplait yogurt of some sort: i found the yoplait raspberry chocolate parfaits that are to die for and only 100 cals. sooo stinkin' good

dinner: usually not specific. this is where i really have to watch portion control. if i could have it my way every day at dinner time, i would include a salad and some sort of meat with veggies.....but sometimes it's just ramen noodles with added fresh veggies

GO TEAM PURPLE! WWWOOOHOOOO!!!!!! love the challenge for this week as well. gonna kick a@@ and take names!! ;)
  • kimi131
    kimi131 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Fabulous job all teams!!! :bigsmile: You ladies are awesome!! Let's have a great week this week and rock it away with those crunches!! We'll blow it away come weigh-in on Friday (and let's all remember to get our weigh-in on time so as to not give peanut a heart-attach - cuz if that happens I'll have to hunt ya down! :wink:). Keep up the good work ladies! Sexy in six here we come!!

-Granola bars, all kinds. They make a great breakfast on the go. These are my favorites: http://monkey-brains.com/
    -Eggo nutrigrain waffles - 70 calories for one, spray it with some I can't believe it's Not Butter, pour on some Low Cal syrup and I've got a yummy 85 calorie waffle for breakfast!
    -Air popped kettle corn. I have to buy it in big bags. I buy Rico's brand, but your grocery store prob has a different brand. I love it! Only a few calories more than the microwave 100 cal stuff and SO much better. Rico's is 60 calories for 1 cup (which is still a pretty good amount) and 120 for 2.
    -Fresh fruit and veggies, all of them. Can't live without them anymore. I've become a big fan of carrots instead of chips, and I absolutely love fresh green beans with fresh diced tomatoes.
    -Laughing cow cheeses. Melt it, eat it with veggies. Melt it, eat it with chips (tastes just like chips & dip). Unmelted in a wrap. So many great uses.
    That's all I can think of right now. I'm sure there are others! :smile:
  • messyinthekitchen
    messyinthekitchen Posts: 662 Member
    Options

Egg whites and eggs. I eat these a few times a week. hard boiled, scrambled, quiche you name it you can make many healthy and filling meals not just breakfasts with eggs.

Spaghetti Squash. I used to eat so much pasta it's ridiculous. Now I use spaghetti squash and I actually prefer it.

No fat Jello Pudding: I get to enjoy pudding without the guilt no other reason besides I have a sweet tooth and this does it.

Tofu. I used to always eat chicken, and rarely anything else. Now after experimenting with tofu I realize you can do almost anything with it. If you can do it to chicken you can do it to tofu. You can crumble it and season it for your eggs in the morning, top your salads with it for lunch, or make tofu parm ect ect for dinner.
  • Magic_Girl
    Options
    WOOOOO!!!!! GO PINK TEAM!!! OMG WE ROCK!!! :bigsmile: Congrats to all the other teams too! This challenge is awesome, I totally need to be doing crunches (I wish I could do sit-ups but that ain't gonna happen! lol).

Monday’s QOTD: Name your top pantry staples that you've added to your repertoire since starting your journey and how you most often use them. Please be specific.

Almond milk - I LOVE IT! I prefer it over any other type of milk. I don't even reach for regular milk anymore even if there's no Almond milk in the fridge.

Fudge pops - These are my favorite for fighting ice cream cravings! Only 40 calories and like 2g of sugar. I am terrible when it comes to sweets, especially ice cream...and cookies, BUT one day I decided to eat the fudge pop instead of the regular ice cream and found that I didn't crave the super sugary, super fattening ice cream anymore!!! And I don't feel guilty if I ever want a second fudge pop! :D

Grilled Chicken strips - I'm don't crave meat very much, but I do love chicken. I love to eat Tyson's Grilled Chicken Strips, 3 oz. for 100 calories. I put it in a salad or I just eat it alone like that and I love it. Plus it's already cooked so I just fry it on a pan for a few minutes and it's done! :)

Cottage Cheese - I never liked it before, but since I tried it with Melba toast I have absolutely loved it. I just recently tried it with whole grain Ritz crackers and it tasted really good too. Very tasty and satisfying snack! :)

Spinach - FAVORITE! I love spinach with everything! I put it in salads, sandwiches, omelets....etc. I can go through a tub of spinach in a week....seriously!

There is more but I can't think of it right now! lol
  • Magic_Girl
    Options

-Hershey’s Dark Chocolate Kisses. I’ve never been a fan of dark chocolate, but these are a godsend. I keep them frozen and suck on one when a craving hits. It hits the spot, but it’s not so deliciously sweet that it makes me want to eat the whole bag. I'd definitely recommend trying dark chocolate to quench your cravings, even if you've never liked it before.

WOW! Great idea! Especially the part where you FREEZE them, that way they last longer! I'm totally going to try it! :tongue:
  • persanta
    persanta Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Monday QOTD;

Meringue nests - fill them with fat free yogurt top with fruit delicious for a quick sugar fix!!

Well done to all teams - but Purples, we dont want to be last again this week so lets kick a** !

50 Crunches - wow - thats going to be tough, but lets ** DO IT! - LOG IT!** and see the results!!!

Good Luck to everyone!!!

Paula x
  • tjutrostina
    tjutrostina Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Everyone did great this week, we just got to get the momentum going...Quite nervous for this mth, as I'll be travelling every week. Definitely determined to meet the challenges, and have planned my workouts in the hotels. Woot!

It's got to be EGGS! I never used to be a fan of it, but they're easy to prepare and it's really fun adding all the ingredients in. Not high on calories either and fills me up.

That's about it really, as I don't snack too often. But when I do, it's usually almonds or some other nuts. Love the crunch.
  • tjutrostina
    tjutrostina Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Monday QOTD;

Meringue nests - fill them with fat free yogurt top with fruit delicious for a quick sugar fix!!

Well done to all teams - but Purples, we dont want to be last again this week so lets kick a** !

50 Crunches - wow - thats going to be tough, but lets ** DO IT! - LOG IT!** and see the results!!!

Good Luck to everyone!!!

Paula x

WTG!! We'll lose some a** too. Haha...ok, fine, I'm corny... :P Crunches and sit-ups are my favourite!!!
  • kimi131
    kimi131 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Oh, and I forgot couscous! How could I forget about that?! I love couscous. Never would have thought to or had the courage to try it prior to MFP, but now it's definitely a staple in my house.
  • sakus32
    sakus32 Posts: 101
    Options
    Monday’s QoTD: Name your top pantry staples that you've added to your repertoire since starting your journey and how you most often use them. Please be specific

Oatmeal - Wegman's fiber maple/brown sugar and Wegmans Cranberry flax

Kellogg's Fiber plus roasted coconut fudge - tastes like a GS Samoa cookie :)

Kashi TLC - blackberry or vanilla cherry graham cereal bars

Spinach - either baby or regular but I eat it daily and raw as my salad base

Romain lettuce - I add it to spinach, I love the texture/presentation better than "gasp" iceberg, LOL

Feta Cheese - OMG I don't think I could survive w/out feta cheese, give me the salty flavor I always crave

Ken's Olive Oil Vinaigrette - actually, I love all Ken's dressings but stick mainly to the vinaigrette's b/c of calories

Popcorn - when I eat popcorn I eat the whole bag, so I plan for it calorie wise. 100 cal bags annoy me, LOL I love popcorn

Skinny Cow - Carmel Cones and truffle bars (any)

Veggie - Brussel Sprouts/Squash/Pumpkin/Onion/toms . . . anything big that I can sink my teeth into, with great flava, I usual grill or roast

Fish - Salmon/Cod/taliapa/yellow fin tuna/shrimp/mussels

I could go on and on, but I will stop now ;)