Online Relationships

Options
2»

Replies

• Amandanoralynn
    Amandanoralynn Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I am glad he is going to visit you. Make sure you really get to know him. My online relationship ended up being a bunch of lies. I did marry the guy and he did move here. I was married for about 3 years before I found out I was his third wife and not the second and he still tried to lie to me about it. I had a background check done.
    Just be very careful!!!
    Best of luck to you!
  • calibri
    calibri Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Good for you for having the patience for online relationships; I surely don't. :laugh:

Just be careful on the outset and use your common sense. :flowerforyou:
  • cspence2270
    cspence2270 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Happily married to my husband for 5 years-- we have a 2y/o son. First email April 2005, met face to face June 2005, he asked me to marry him Oct 2005 and we were married June 2006. Our son was born Dec 2008. If you really want something to work and so does he then anything can be done.
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    I met my hubby online in 2005, we met in November that year face to face the first time. Inseparable ever since.
  • brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    As soon as I saw this topic I was like, yay! Haha. I met my Nick online purely by chance one day about a year and 8 months ago. We chatted for hours on end, and for whatever reason, things just really clicked and we fell head over heels for each other. Two days later (yes, TWO days!) he wrote me this: http://n003k.com/?p=212 (really long but so so so worth the read!) I knew as soon as I finished reading something he worked so hard on, putting his heart on his sleeve and risking never speaking to me again, I had to be with him. So, we decided we were in a relationship. We never really went by boyfriend and girlfriend, because we felt that we already had so much more than that. As a matter of fact, he is my fiance, but for use of this site, I do call him boyfriend. Anyway, I told my family about him, and he told his, and, though there was rightfully some skepticism there, he came down that April and my parents immediately saw why I love him so much. He is just THE most amazing guy. A year and almost 8 months later, and here I am, 1200 miles away from home to be with him, and it's working out fabulously. We almost never fight. We never get tired of each other (even though we live AND work together,) and though we are past the "honeymoon phase" and have our share of tiffs, we couldn't be happier. If it weren't for being online that day, we never would have met so I thank the LORD for online relationships :laugh:

Whoo, that was long. Sorry, I think about it and go on and on :love:
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    As soon as I saw this topic I was like, yay! Haha. I met my Nick online purely by chance one day about a year and 8 months ago. We chatted for hours on end, and for whatever reason, things just really clicked and we fell head over heels for each other. Two days later (yes, TWO days!) he wrote me this: http://n003k.com/?p=212 (really long but so so so worth the read!) I knew as soon as I finished reading something he worked so hard on, putting his heart on his sleeve and risking never speaking to me again, I had to be with him. So, we decided we were in a relationship. We never really went by boyfriend and girlfriend, because we felt that we already had so much more than that. As a matter of fact, he is my fiance, but for use of this site, I do call him boyfriend. Anyway, I told my family about him, and he told his, and, though there was rightfully some skepticism there, he came down that April and my parents immediately saw why I love him so much. He is just THE most amazing guy. A year and almost 8 months later, and here I am, 1200 miles away from home to be with him, and it's working out fabulously. We almost never fight. We never get tired of each other (even though we live AND work together,) and though we are past the "honeymoon phase" and have our share of tiffs, we couldn't be happier. If it weren't for being online that day, we never would have met so I thank the LORD for online relationships :laugh:

WOW I'm so happy for you... I hope things will work out the same with us. Some of his family including his mom already knows about me but unfortunately mine isn't that open yet. Can't blame them though.
  • brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options

WOW I'm so happy for you... I hope things will work out the same with us. Some of his family including his mom already knows about me but unfortunately mine isn't that open yet. Can't blame them though.

Yeah, they're rightful to be skeptical. I'm sure they'll get over it eventually, especially if he's as great of a guy as you say he is :) and thank you! :)
  • HollyTsiaussis
    HollyTsiaussis Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I met my fiance online, and it has been working out perfectly. We met on the social-networking site, MySpace, about two years and seven months ago. We clicked instantly and started going out after about three days of talking. We didn't end up actually meeting in-person until about nine months into the relationship, but it was so worth the wait. Since then, we have been seeing each other every three months. Stavros will be moving up year next summer and I cannot wait. Love is love regardless of where or how you meet the person.
    Options
    Love is love regardless of where or how you meet the person.

Agree on this. :wink:
  • whiskey9890
    whiskey9890 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    they can work but they do depend on everyone being honest about what they want, sounds like you guys are off to a great start, my one word of advice would be that if you move make sure you have a back up plan incase things don't work out, i moved twice to be with partners and didn't heed this advice, my friends there were his friends so when we broke up i had no one in the area to turn to for support, the second time i didn't realise things were going wrong and didn't have any money to set myself up in a new home (i was living in his place) this time round i paid attention and told my other half (again met online) from the outset that i wasn't prepared to move again for love and he moved here and although we have moved it was just round the corner into a bigger place we both have our own group of friends and don't rely on each other for anything apart from love and we've been together for over 2 years now and living together for 1. they can work
    Options
    I met my fiance online, and it has been working out perfectly. We met on the social-networking site, MySpace, about two years and seven months ago. We clicked instantly and started going out after about three days of talking. We didn't end up actually meeting in-person until about nine months into the relationship, but it was so worth the wait. Since then, we have been seeing each other every three months. Stavros will be moving up year next summer and I cannot wait. Love is love regardless of where or how you meet the person.

I met him on Tagged last 2009, first we were just online business friends doing those pay per click ads, internet marketing etc. then as we go on chatting we felt more comfortable then POP love was there. Then early Feb last year, he decided to split up with me because of distance and he also confessed he met somebody there & thought its impossible for us to be together (though he said he didn't liked to split to me) & wanted me to be friends but its not easy so I eliminated him from my list and also I did not pushed thru the business because I didn't want any communication with him anymore. One mistake though is that I forgot we have friends in common in facebook so this year, I was surprised to get a friend request from him. I was already moved on & I forgot everything on him & I thought he's living in with his supposed gf so I just accepted his request w/o any intention to get close to him again. But then he confessed that his now ex-gf turned out to be a bad woman & a liar. He searched for me in every site because per him, he realized that he still loves me & want me back. Felt sorry for what he did to me in the past & he wished that I give him another chance & this time around he decided to be with me for the rest of his life.... But what makes me a bit worried is that even if he's dead serious on me, I'm afraid if things wouldn't work out good between us as I know things are pretty much diff in person than here in internet. Though I don't have problem in terms of his culture since were both Hispanics, my granny is originally from Malaga & speak the same language (yes, me despite being here in a totally different country) but it doesn't automatically follow that we are compatible.

Anyway thanks for all your advices, I really appreciate it. It makes me feel somewhat relieved. I'll definitely keep all of that in my mind :smile:
  • hotstuff76
    Options
    im kinda going to leave this alone but the 1 thing i can say some people online pretend to be something they are not , and i ended up getting hurt so just be careful x x x
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    There are two different sides of this...

Myself and one of my childhood friends.

Over a year and a half ago after going through a divorce somebody who I had been online friends(from a different message board/forum) with me for about 4 years showed interest..
    I took a chance despite some misgivings about distance, trusting somebody... and of course my family was concerned about the situation
    It was about 6 months before we first met. And that meeting was amazing, it's like we had always been together.
    Since then we see eachother every month and a half or so.
    He's searching for a job here. My family loves him, my children love him.
    I look forward to spending my life with him and am still quite shocked it came from the internet.

My childhood friend

She went to school with this guy and they rekindled their friendship on facebook(I have no recollection of this character)..anyhow they were "in a relationship" for about a year. He had asked her to marry him, talked about their plans.. it was always "soon" or "as soon as I sell my car" always different excuses. Everytime something came up and she questioned things, he would literally threaten to kill himself.
    Anyway as of last night she finds he does this to a lot of women and it was all a ruse. Do not even ask me why a man would do any of this.
    But there are times it works, and times it doesn't. You have to make sure you are blatantly honest. Both of you. Google him, get info on him. Once you get to know his family and friends you'll probably feel a lot more secure.

So good luck to you.. I'm blissfully happy so I hope you get my result.
  • bahrainbel_2
    Options
    i had a very internet based relationship last year, i didn't meet him online, i met him on holiday, but we kept in touch via skype, yahoo chat and fb. it progressed and i become very involved, he was based in the united states and i'm in the uk. i gave it up, as i couldn't afford the trips back and forth. it isn't something i would do again, it broke my heart :-(
  • LovelySophiya
    Options
    im kinda going to leave this alone but the 1 thing i can say some people online pretend to be something they are not , and i ended up getting hurt so just be careful x x x

.......i second this!! JUST BE safe.. :) goood luck sweetie!