A little jealous

Options
I have to admit I am a little jealous of all these "Befor and After" pictures. I didnt really have any "Before" pictures because I knew how bad I was looking and knew how to hide myself from the camera. ( placing my daughter in front of me, standing to the side, or just plain blocking my body with a prop!) I didn't start this journey intentionally to lose weight. I started it due to bad Mammo and pap results that made me feel out of control. I decided to "control" what I ate in hopes that I would feel better. 3 mammo's 1 MRI and 1 surgery later I have the "alls clear" from my dr. I feel amazing and even got my dr to join MFP with me. But I still have to admit I would love to have documented My Journey with some pictures!

Congrats to everyone that has done this!

Replies

• vespaberrie
    vespaberrie Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you for taking control and putting your health first!
    Thank you for the encouragement.
  • cdl8
    cdl8 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I hear you!!! I refused to be in front of a camera 6 months ago. Now I wish I would have too!!!
  • aclark6818
    aclark6818 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way. I also did not put in my starting measurements so I can see a difference, but I don't have all of the results I would like. I think I didn't think it would work for me, but it has been great. Congratulations on your clean bill of health.
    :flowerforyou:
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    A clean bill of health is better than any B&A picture! Congrats!!!!!
  • shellyrulz
    shellyrulz Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    so many times we are so hard on ourselves and we all have been in that stage of our journey. Ashamed of the way we looked in those photos, but the important thing is you realized that it was about health.

Keep up the hard work and start taking those photos now!
  • lcoreo5
    lcoreo5 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    i too was great at hiding or positioning myself so you couldnt see how bad i looked. so i started looking in the backgrounds of pictures to see if someone caught me off guard. and i found one. it was repulsive but i was glad to have it to compare. sift through your old pictures. great job on your progress! very inspirational!!
  • cameralinds
    Options
    Just because you don't have a documented proof of a "before", you know what that before was, better than any picture could show. You know how you felt. Just remember that as you are living your "current." You're losing the weight, and putting yourself first, and that is an inspiring feat in itself. Great job!
  • Dianaka
    Dianaka Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    That's great news! Good for you!
  • KeepGoingRhonda
    KeepGoingRhonda Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    WTG on the loss and clean bill of health! Huts start taking your pics now! And take your measurements as well!
  • NancyAnne1960
    NancyAnne1960 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    A clean bill of health is better than any B&A picture! Congrats!!!!!

Completely agree!! Very nice work!!! :bigsmile:
  • musgrove71
    Options
    I did not take a lot of before pictures. But that is what got me started. I attended my niece's wedding and saw a picture of myself and was shocked at how big I had gotten. Good luck on your journey.
  • melizerd
    melizerd Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    My husband forced me to take them, told me I never had to share them if I didn't want to and no one would have to see them. Now I'm so glad I did. I'm mad I didn't do measurements because that was just too scary for me, but having the before pictures has REALLY helped me when I feel like I'm having a bad day.
  • Terriann7
    Options
    You could always take pics now and watch how you transform not only physically but as a person moving forward. :)
  • fallenangelloves
    fallenangelloves Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I have started taking pics. The best thing is my husband has been doing this with me and also lost 33 pounds! I have our wedding picture (on my profile) and hope on our next anniversary in June to have professional pictures taken again! (again I wore a wrap to hide myself)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!