WALK THIS WEIGH - WK 2 - SEPT CHALLENGE (CLOSED GROUP)

Options
Good evening all you wonderful and amazing ladies!!

Wrap up from week one: I have had a couple of people NOT report in. If I don't have everyone report their weekly progress by tomorrow morning, I will be dropping them from the list. I do my best to keep up with everyone, however if I have not been told that they will be away/out of touch, I can only assume they are not truly interested in being a part of this team.

I am getting to know each of you better and better, and I am just totally stunned and amazed and blessed by each of you.

Knee Update: I got my meds and I'm feeling GREAT!! Not "let's go take a jog" great, but the swelling is down and the pain is also tolerable! I am going to push through. I have used so many excuses in the past to get out of exercising that I'm kind of sick of accepting bad behavior from myself.

Here are the challenges for week 2!! Let's get this party started!!!

Welcome to Week 2 you are the PYGYMY TRIBE it’s time to push yourself! Make modifications as
necessary and use water bottles, soup cans or my favorite Tomato Juice cans as weights! They really do work!

Day 1 - 1 minute bear walk, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Crunches, 25 Split Squats, 1.5 mile walk, jog, run

Day 2 – 2 sets of 15 swimmer presses, 2 sets of 15 wood chops, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 lawnmowers

Day 3 - 1 minute bear walk, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Crunches, 25 Split Squats, 1.5 mile walk, jog, run

Day 4 - 2 sets of 15 swimmer presses, 2 sets of 15 wood chops, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 lawnmowers

Day 5 - 1 minute bear walk, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Crunches, 25 Split Squats, 1.5 mile walk, jog, run

Day 6 - 2 sets of 15 swimmer presses, 2 sets of 15 wood chops, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 lawnmowers

Day 7 – REST YOU DESERVED IT! BTW If you did all the walking congratulations you completed 4.5 miles. A 5k is only 3.1 Still sure you can’t do a 5K? Next week we’re going to see!

*******Please watch the videos as they may differ from your version of the exercise!*********

Week Two Weekly Team Challenge

Same water and calories challenge plus Walk, Run or Jog an extra mile this week. (This is a mile above days 1, 3, 5) IF you choose you would 1 mile for daily and 1 mile for weekly on days 1,3,5. For each day you do an extra mile your team will get an additional bonus point. 1 point per day per participant)

IF YOU ARE FEELING TIRED AND SORE THAT IS TERRIFIC! THAT MEANS THAT WEAKNESS IS LEAVING

YOUR BODY AND YOU ARE GETTING STRONGER! IF YOU FEEL NOTHING THEN YOU EITHER NEED TO INCREASE YOUR RATE OR WEIGHT OR MOVE TO BUSHMEN!

Make sure you begin each exercise challenge with a 4 minute tabata workout.

Day 1 - 5 minute bearwalk, 50 Toe Touches, 50 Crunches, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Burpees (they’re back), 20 Windshield Wipers, 50 Split Squats (don’t feel like you have to jump)

Day 2 - 3 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 3 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 3 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 3 sets of 15 Woodchops, 20 Pushups (modified if needed)

Day 3 - 5 minute bearwalk, 50 Toe Touches, 50 Crunches, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Burpees (they’re back), 20 Windshield Wipers, 50 Split Squats (don’t feel like you have to jump)

Day 4 - 3 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 3 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 3 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 3 sets of 15 Woodchops, 20 Pushups (modified if needed)

Day 5 - 5 minute bearwalk, 50 Toe Touches, 50 Crunches, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Burpees (they’re back), 20 Windshield Wipers, 50 Split Squats (don’t feel like you have to jump)

Day 6 - 3 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 3 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 3 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 3 sets of Woodchops, 20 Pushups (modified if needed)

Day 7 – REST YOU DESERVE IT! Week 3 we’re are stepping it up to another level! BE PSYCHED!

*******Please watch the videos as they may differ from your version of the exercise!*********

Week Two Weekly Team Challenge
Same water and calories challenge plus Walk, Run or Jog a 5K this week. For each day you do a 5K (3.1 miles your team will get an additional bonus point. 1 point per day per participant)

I am going to start doing a mix of pygmy and bushman because I know I can!! This first week seemed like a loss, though I know it wasn't entirely.

UPDATES!!

If you send me updates on a daily basis, please put the subject line as "DATE Update" so I can distinguish it in my e-mail box.

If you want to send me an update once/twice a week, that's perfectly okay too! I just need everyone's check in by Monday morning at the latest!!

Thank you ladies for pushing yourself past your quitting point! Let's rock this!

Replies

• LoreeBelle
    LoreeBelle Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Wowzers! Excited, but anxious about the week. I'm going to push HARD.

I love that quote ...
    IF YOU ARE FEELING TIRED AND SORE THAT IS TERRIFIC! THAT MEANS THAT WEAKNESS IS LEAVING YOUR BODY AND YOU ARE GETTING STRONGER!

Thanks for leading us on this journey, Brandy! :o) You ROCK!
    Loree
  • mindy14456
    mindy14456 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Okay, I am ready!! :)
  • SeasideOasis
    SeasideOasis Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    Sorry I got my e-mail to you so late today >.< Sort of slept in...Very unusual for me to do on a Monday haha

This week looks good. Might have problems with the bear walks though. Not literally, but my dog thinks something is wrong when I start doing it...Its a 180 lb Mastiff, so he knocks me over hahaha I'll see how long the pup allows me to do it for.
  • lablovr108
    lablovr108 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Sorry I got my e-mail to you so late today >.< Sort of slept in...Very unusual for me to do on a Monday haha

This week looks good. Might have problems with the bear walks though. Not literally, but my dog thinks something is wrong when I start doing it...Its a 180 lb Mastiff, so he knocks me over hahaha I'll see how long the pup allows me to do it for.

My lab Mindy is only 70 lbs, but she thinks I'm playing a game with her when I do it! It definitely adds a different degree of difficulty!
  • rowmoor
    rowmoor Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Wow souunds tough.....good luck everyone....im ready bring it on....:)..:laugh:
  • SeasideOasis
    Options
    Week 2 - Day 1

I have completed the bushman challenge. I am already sore and my back is BARKING at me (I think its the bear walk). All the soreness, minus my back, feels great though! I wanted to stop half way through. Instead of stopping, I said stopping now in the end only hurts me and is going to affect my team. Thinking about my results (which led to me disrobing my shirt so I could see WHY I'm doing all this in the first place) and my team helped me push through!!

I will be a little under my calories today. I just wasn't hungry (and slept in) this morning. I had a HUGE dinner, but I just burned too many calories today. I didn't expect the nearly 300 calories I burned doing the challenge exercises!

My water is also on point today. I've honestly probably had even more. Its hard for me to track water, as I drink so much of it without thinking twice. If there is one thing I'm good at, its drinking water without having to force it. I love me some water.

How is everybody else doing today? How did you feel about the challenges?
  • SunshineKisses_2012
    Options
    Summer sent me a PM earlier that got me to thinking:

WHY don't I provide each of you an easier way to help me keep track of this???!?!

SO! I created a Google Doc!! I am going to allow each of you to access it so that you can keep us all updated individually!

I will have to admit, with as much information as I have had flowing into my PM box, I have not done the greatest job of keeping up with the spreadsheet. For that I sincerely apologize.

PLEASE PM me with your e-mail address so I can share the Google Doc with you! There are three tabs:

Daily Team Challenge - I will put what each week's challenge is as it is provided from Gary!

Daily Exercise Challenge - Not much explanation is necessary, I don't think. Gary has set up a blog to help us all keep track better: http://mfpchallenges.blogspot.com/

Weekly Weight Totals - Again, obvious. There are several in there that I know have been sent to me, but I haven't gotten them entered.

Again, please PM me and I will add you to the list so you can access it and make appropriate changes!

Thank you all for understanding, and, again, I apologize if you sent me information that I did not get into the spreadsheet!

Brandy
  • GemmieNoWobbles
    GemmieNoWobbles Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I'm on it!!
  • GemmieNoWobbles
    Options
    bump
  • SeasideOasis
    Options
    I'm off to make-up on some challenges I missed this week due to horrible soreness!!! Don't worry my team mates, I've got this ;)
  • GemmieNoWobbles
    Options
    Hi Team mates.

So I made up all my missed challenges which was tricky.. WOW.. its increased alot this week, typical as its the week I go stay with my sister... also done a 5k.

How;s everyone doing?

:flowerforyou:
  • SeasideOasis
    Options
    Doing good over here, Gemma. Did you have a nice time? It definitely is hard to fit stuff in when you're out and about!!
  • GemmieNoWobbles
    Options
    Does noone post on here anymore or is it just me n Summer?? Walk this Weigh gals where are you?
  • GemmieNoWobbles
    Options
    Just done day 1 and 2 in one on the bush(wo)man series... its like a whole workout!! Liking it! :flowerforyou:
  • rowmoor
    rowmoor Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone :

we are now goin into week 4 , hows everyone doin? ,im really enjoying it. Think my new gym helping me !:bigsmile: