? On Clean Eating

Options
Alright so I understand this but was wondering if there was a book I could read on it. Something that helps with what not to eat. I try and do this already but could use a little help to always do it. Its my change for 2009 so any help would be great. Might hit the library with the kids today so a book about it might help....
My Hubby also has Ms and I feel this change will help him too, we already eat good but want to eat even better...

Thanks in advance for your help...:happy:

Alisha

Replies

• Alisha28
    Alisha28 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Alright so I understand this but was wondering if there was a book I could read on it. Something that helps with what not to eat. I try and do this already but could use a little help to always do it. Its my change for 2009 so any help would be great. Might hit the library with the kids today so a book about it might help....
    My Hubby also has Ms and I feel this change will help him too, we already eat good but want to eat even better...

Thanks in advance for your help...:happy:

Alisha
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    Hi Alisha,
    There's a clean eating club here on MFP and they have some guidlines explaining and I believe the book it's taken from is mentioned at the very top of the thread.... might be able to get a great book lead that way:drinker: :happy:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    OK here ya go....this is pasted from the Clean Eating Club that Cherapple started... there are excerpts from the book and the title is listed at the end.. Hope this helps and that you can easily find it at the library when you go:bigsmile:
    =======================================================================

This "club" is for anyone who wants to eat five or six times per day and eat natural, healthy, "clean" foods. Let's support each other in the quest to eat well, feel satisfied all the time, eliminate cravings, and melt off body fat. Anyone is welcome to join, and anyone can start the thread each day. Just copy and paste this first message into a new topic. You don't have to follow the diet perfectly, but it's easier than you might think!

Feel free to add your own tip or recipe for the day. Ask questions. Tell us what you're eating and how your clean food journey is going. How is it helping you or changing your life?
    ________
    What is clean eating?

"In a nutshell, eating clean is the practice of eating whole, natural foods such as fruits, vegetables, lean proteins, and complex carbohydrates. It also means staying away from the junk that typically makes up the Standard American Diet (S.A.D) These types of food include man-made sugar, bad fats (hydrogenated, trans-fat), preservatives, white bread, and any other ingredients that are unnecessary. An easy way to remember if a food is clean is: If man made it, don’t eat it.

A person who eats clean:

* Eliminates refined sugar and processed foods
    * Eats 5-6 small meals per day
    * Combines healthy proteins with complex carbohydrates at every meal
    * Drinks a lot of water
    * Eliminates alcoholic beverages (or significantly limits them)
    * Always eats breakfast.
    * Cooks healthy meals
    * Packs healthy meals
    * Makes healthy choices when dining out."

~Adapted from http://www.eatingcleanworks.com
  • Pubali
    Pubali Posts: 19
    Options
    A great way to eat clean is to 'perimeter' shop at the grocery store. You may know about this already, but, the cleanest foods at the market are kept in the perimeter of the store: basically all the stuff that needs refrigeration. It's once you get into the center of the store that things get prickly. This is not to say that the things in the center of the store can't be a part of your food plan, but, I've had a lot of success in the past by perimeter shopping!

Good luck!
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Hey Alisha! The Eat Clean Diet by Tosca Reno is a great place to start. I just borrowed it from the library. Also, the Abs Diet is another good one. Fitness_Chick posted about our Clean Eating Club here, join in!!

Jess
  • Alisha28
    Alisha28 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Thank you I will try and get the book. Sounds like a wonderful way to eat and basically what I already do but I want to make it even healthier no processed stuff at all..

Thanks again

Alisha
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    You're welcome! Yep, the less processed the better! :wink:
  • cherapple
    cherapple Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Hey, I totally missed this thread! I'm glad to see that more people are eating clean! I love Tosca's books. The Abs Diet was too liquid for me. I like protein shakes, but I'd much rather chew my meals than drink them. :happy: