Before and After Pic - 6 months and 47 lbs. lost!

Options
Hello everyone,

I started MFP back in February of this year, and I wanted to share with everyone on here a before-and-after pic of my journey as of today. I'm still on my fitness and weight loss journey, but I have made significant progress. It always helps to have an old picture to remind you of how far along you have come on a journey:

beforeafter.jpg

As of now, I still have a little more weight to lose and my short-term goal is to participate in a 5K and 10K run. I'd like to thank everyone who I have connected with on this site - I've met a lot of great people who continue to encourage me and give me advice. You guys rock! Here's to a healthy and meaningful life!

Thomas

Replies

• fallenangelloves
    fallenangelloves Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • jmelyan23
    jmelyan23 Posts: 1,664 Member
    Options
    You look awesome!! Way to go and keep up the hard work! :)
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!
  • OneBryteSmile
    OneBryteSmile Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!
  • Chuck417
    Options
    Nice work!! You look terrific!!
    Chuck
  • princess4mimi
    Options
    GREAT JOB!!!! YOU LOOK INCREDIBLE!!! So how did you do it? What were some of your methods for achieving such success? What was your workout styles and routines like?
  • rodneyderrick
    rodneyderrick Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    You've done a fantastic job.
  • victoriashea
    Options
    You look hot.
    Good show, chief!
  • crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look great!!! Good job!!!
  • Fit4_Life
    Fit4_Life Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    Great job Thomas!
  • thomaslh83
    thomaslh83 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB!!!! YOU LOOK INCREDIBLE!!! So how did you do it? What were some of your methods for achieving such success? What was your workout styles and routines like?

Two words: baby steps. Setting small, realistic goals has been the driving force behind my nutrition and weight loss. To give you an idea, I started out my weight loss by doing walking several times a week along with cutting back on my portions. I still ate foods that I liked, but not as much in order to create a reasonable deficit each day. After the first couple of weeks, I changed up my routine by incorporating circuit training exercises, but I did it a little at a time. I also started increasing my water intake and slowly replacing foods that a frequently ate with "better quality foods" (i.e. - more organic, whole grain, no processed, healthy fats, low sodium, etc.) The food diary feature has been a God-send - I was so unaware of a lot of the dietary info on foods that I ate frequently. I also want to add that I have also messed up a lot in my diet and exercise. I do not do things perfectly everyday. I am human just like everyone else. Even though I failed a lot, I always learn something from my mistakes and I try to do better the next day. One of the worst things you can do in weight loss is to beat yourself up when you make a mistake to the point that you would rather give up. Don't do that. Instead, examine what you have done right, and think of ways that you can improve and better yourself in the future. Finally, self-disciple and self-control is crucial. If you are adamant about being healthy and living a better life, then your passion and desire will fuel your discipline.

I'm sorry if I sounded too philosophical, but I felt like what I gained from this experience needed to be expressed. Feel free to add me as a friend on MFP and I'll be glad to encourage and help you out in any way I can. I wish you the best of luck in your nutrition and fitness! Keep it up! =)
  • SCMitchell22
    Options
    You look awesome! Good job!
  • darlilama
    darlilama Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Nice job! Thanks for the inspiration! Although, I have no idea where anymore weight loss is going to come off. :wink:
  • Hodar
    Hodar Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job!! You really trimmed out - looking so much better.
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    Really nice job. You look great!!!
  • babygurl48
    babygurl48 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    you look amazing!!! wtg!!
  • 707janette
    707janette Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    You look Great :wink: I do not see where you would take off any more weight.
  • JENIFER_AZ
    JENIFER_AZ Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!!!!! It paid off, you look great! Congrats!
  • sovannac
    sovannac Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    This is awesome! Keep it up!
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    as you have "only" lost 47 lbs it looks alot more so a super well done! you are look BRILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLiant!:happy:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!