2mo old baby and 20lbs to lose!

Options
Hello All!

I just joined the site today and am hoping for some encouragement. I put on about 15 extra lbs a few years ago after i got a new desk job and my dad passed away. I went from 105 to 120. I just had a baby 2 mos ago and started that pregnancy at 120, 15 lbs over my typical weight so I am trying to lose the last 10 pregnancy pounds plus 10 more pre-pre-pregnancy pounds :wink: .

My biggest issue is willpower.......just getting up and doing it. My girlfriend, who has a 5 month old, and I, have decided to start training for the Muddy Buddy race to help increase our fitness level and help us lose weight. We both have always had a goal of completing a race and this one is great since you have to have partners. It helps to motivate each other.

So, wish us luck! Wish me luck too as I start my 20 lbs to lose goal!!!!!

Replies

• SaraWojcik19
    SaraWojcik19 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Hello All!

I just joined the site today and am hoping for some encouragement. I put on about 15 extra lbs a few years ago after i got a new desk job and my dad passed away. I went from 105 to 120. I just had a baby 2 mos ago and started that pregnancy at 120, 15 lbs over my typical weight so I am trying to lose the last 10 pregnancy pounds plus 10 more pre-pre-pregnancy pounds :wink: .

My biggest issue is willpower.......just getting up and doing it. My girlfriend, who has a 5 month old, and I, have decided to start training for the Muddy Buddy race to help increase our fitness level and help us lose weight. We both have always had a goal of completing a race and this one is great since you have to have partners. It helps to motivate each other.

So, wish us luck! Wish me luck too as I start my 20 lbs to lose goal!!!!!
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Good Luck - you can do anything you set your mind to!

Congrats on the baby and sorry to hear about your dad.
    This is a great place to be for ideas, support, encouragement....the list goes on and on!

Welcome!
  • SaraWojcik19
    Options
    is there somehwere on the site to see if anyone is located in my general area? i'd love to see if we can find more work out buddies.
  • katiechakos
    katiechakos Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    My little one is 4 months old, so I hear you! You can do it!!! Are you breast feeding? I found that the second my baby was born my desire for food went out the windo and I forgot all together to eat sometimes. It was bad, and I dropped a lot of weight fast. Be careful, though, that's not the way to do it. It's hard because you're so focused on the baby and you forget about yourself. I'm back down to my pre-preggo weight, but want to be about 5 pounds lighter just because! If you ever want to chat, let me know!

Katie
  • SaraWojcik19
    Options
    i am breastfeeding yes, so i don't want to get to aggressive with my workout yet. just trying to incorporate fitness as part of my daily life. my trouble here is that i really lack willpower!!!! where do i find willpower?