I Don't Believe I actually introduced myself.

Options
I have been on Web Page for the last week and don't believe I actually introduced myself. I am an old gal who has tried a few diets in the last few years. Weight was something I had control of until I went back to school in my late 40's and became an RN when I was 50. Somehow it got out of control over those later years and I always thought I would lose weight later. :laugh: Thats a joke because it does not happen. Anyway I ended up 70 pounds folks and with other diets Particularlyh weight watchers I Lost 40 (actually 50 until I gained 10 back) Now it is not because this old 76 year old does not get exercise because my DH and me walk a minimum of 60 minutes a day and at least 4 days a week we increase that to 2 hour walks. We live 3 miles from the beach and have somewhere to walk everyday. The problem young folks is this. I am 76, 4ft10.5 and i am sure my metabolism is slower than the tortoise. I am drinking green tea and seem to have a big boost from that and I am loosing again :happy: Anyway I have 31 pounds to go and I am thrilled with this web page. No more WW for me. I have to see some change or I willgo crazy trying. I have done better in the last week than I have done in a long time.:smokin:
To the beach today for a walk.
Ellie the little:devil:

Replies

• ellie143
    ellie143 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have been on Web Page for the last week and don't believe I actually introduced myself. I am an old gal who has tried a few diets in the last few years. Weight was something I had control of until I went back to school in my late 40's and became an RN when I was 50. Somehow it got out of control over those later years and I always thought I would lose weight later. :laugh: Thats a joke because it does not happen. Anyway I ended up 70 pounds folks and with other diets Particularlyh weight watchers I Lost 40 (actually 50 until I gained 10 back) Now it is not because this old 76 year old does not get exercise because my DH and me walk a minimum of 60 minutes a day and at least 4 days a week we increase that to 2 hour walks. We live 3 miles from the beach and have somewhere to walk everyday. The problem young folks is this. I am 76, 4ft10.5 and i am sure my metabolism is slower than the tortoise. I am drinking green tea and seem to have a big boost from that and I am loosing again :happy: Anyway I have 31 pounds to go and I am thrilled with this web page. No more WW for me. I have to see some change or I willgo crazy trying. I have done better in the last week than I have done in a long time.:smokin:
    To the beach today for a walk.
    Ellie the little:devil:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Welcome ellie! :flowerforyou:

Drinking a lot of water will help you drop the pounds too! :smile:

Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • Lizjkp
    Lizjkp Posts: 278
    Options
    Welcome ellie :flowerforyou: I am sure you will find all the help the MFP'ers can give :wink: :tongue:

"Life may not be the party we hoped for :explode: :grumble: but while we are here we might as well dance!:drinker: :wink: :happy: "
  • jenifergotti
    jenifergotti Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Welcome! :smile: Wow, I would walk every day too if I lived near the beach! You will have to post some pics for us. Keep on keepin on!

96946.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    hey, welcome!! i am a 3rd year nursing student. yay nurses!
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!!