Too many carbs

Options
I have only been doing this 5 days but I am really struggling. I invariably eat less calories than I'm allowed (I know that's not good :frown: ) but I find myself having eaten too many carbs (20 too may). I eat very little bread (4 slices in 5 days) and very little rice or pasta, I am definately a fruit, veg and salad girl and most of my carbs come from fruit. Will this make a great deal of difference to my weight loss? (haven't lost anything so far). I will be going to the gym tonight to do a 60 minute high impact aerobics class. I have added into my diary all the foods I plan on eating today, 350 ish left. Normally, I would eat some carbs 1/2 an hour or so before going to the gym but this would put me over my carb level for the day by about 20-30. Any suggestions would be most helpful.

Replies

• Jemmuno
    Jemmuno Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I would eat some carbs before going to give you a boost during your work out. I think it would be ok to go over if its fruits veggies and whole grains. I think when it comes to carbs eating white bread is the main problem for most people. I wouldn't stress about it too much.
  • jbug100
    jbug100 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I personally don't worry about to much fruit. If I didn't have fruit to snack on, i would be eating starchy carbs. I suppose too much could slow weight loss, but this isn't a race. Please pass me a peach:)
  • babyblake11
    babyblake11 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Pita pockets are good , one of them instead of two slices of bread halves the carve and some low carb fruit is any melon or berry or cherries
  • nsimportant
    nsimportant Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I dont like fruit so i drink a multivitamin. Love vegetables especially green beans. You can eat those green vegetables in almost unlimited amounts a day as for fruit not so but please do eat 1 piece of fruit a day.
    The main problem with bought bread and most "healthy", low fat food or whole grain bread is that they put in salt,sugars,some additives, glucose-fructose syrup (AVOID THIS LIKE ITS PLAGUE) etc...
    If you mix white bread with protein its GI will drop and really it is not going to kill you if you eat it.
    But more fat You have less carbs you need to eat I noticed that I finally had to up my carbs because i lacked energy and got pale after a workout. I never had that problem when i had 85-70 kg but now when i am hovering around 67kg i finally feel the need to actually eat some carbs.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Carbs before cardio is a good idea.

Use your diary with a bit of common sense - yes it might say your carbs are over (what have you it set to by the way?) but if you know those are coming from good complex sources - veggies, wholemeal pasta and bread - rather than the processed white breads or cakes and biscuits, then I wouldn't worry about it.
  • 3108gt
    3108gt Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    many thanks to you all, everything sounds very useful x