62.5 kgs for a year and wanting to get to 58.. Tips and sugg

Options
2 years ago I went from 89kgs to 60kg. I am 173cms. I then joined the gym a year ago and put on a couple of kgs. Now I really want to get down to 58kgs but I can't seem to no matter what I eat. I am a fitness freak and often burn 850cals 6times a week. I'm not sure if its muscle or what. I really want to get to 58 so any help and suggestions would be most appreciated :)

Replies

• 13hirteen
    13hirteen Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Definitely sounds like muscle.
    I'd suggest getting a body fat measurement and trying to lose fat, rather than simply aiming for lower numbers on the scale.
  • jbenton091011
    Options
    You and I are in the exact same boat. Right down to current and desired weight. I wish I could offer you advice, but I'm battling with it as it is. I go to gym 6 x a week, burn up to 750-800 calories per session and try and maintain a diet of 1200 calories per day. If you find the answer, please let me know and I'll do the same for you!
  • sjstocker
    Options
    I am having the same problem. I'm slightly shorter than you at 172 cm and current just under 10st (62.8kg). I do a reasonable amount of exercise (although not loads and loads like you two) and just cannot seem to get my weight any lower. I've tried eating 1200 calories a day, 1000 calories a day, and when i've had really bad weeks at work i've even average 500 calories a day. Nothing has made a difference and my weight just will not drop. I'm beginning to wonder whether I have reached my bodies natural 'sticking point'?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I am having the same problem. I'm slightly shorter than you at 172 cm and current just under 10st (62.8kg). I do a reasonable amount of exercise (although not loads and loads like you two) and just cannot seem to get my weight any lower. I've tried eating 1200 calories a day, 1000 calories a day, and when i've had really bad weeks at work i've even average 500 calories a day. Nothing has made a difference and my weight just will not drop. I'm beginning to wonder whether I have reached my bodies natural 'sticking point'?

try eating more, like 1500 cals
  • jbenton091011
    Options
    [/quote]

try eating more, like 1500 cals
    [/quote]

I've done that and it didn't work. You gain weight by eating more. You lose weight by eating less.
  • cgfol1
    cgfol1 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Bump