RAWROTONGA Week 2 (Closed Group)

Options
Hello everybody! I hope you had a good "short" week. As soon as I have everyone's results, I'll post what information I have.

Here are the PYGMY Exercises for Week 2:

Day 1 - 1 minute bear walk, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Crunches, 25 Split Squats, 1.5 mile walk, jog, run

Day 2 – 2 sets of 15 swimmer presses, 2 sets of 15 wood chops, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 lawnmowers

Day 3 - 1 minute bear walk, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Crunches, 25 Split Squats, 1.5 mile walk, jog, run

Day 4 - 2 sets of 15 swimmer presses, 2 sets of 15 wood chops, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 lawnmowers

Day 5 - 1 minute bear walk, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Crunches, 25 Split Squats, 1.5 mile walk, jog, run

Day 6 - 2 sets of 15 swimmer presses, 2 sets of 15 wood chops, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 lawnmowers

Day 7 – REST YOU DESERVED IT! BTW If you did all the walking congratulations you completed 4.5 miles. A 5k is only 3.1 Still sure you can’t do a 5K? Next week we’re going to see!

Week Two Weekly Team Challenge

Same water and calories challenge plus Walk, Run or Jog an extra mile this week. (This is a mile above days 1, 3, 5) IF you choose you would 1 mile for daily and 1 mile for weekly on days 1,3,5. For each day you do an extra mile your team will get an additional bonus point. 1 point per day per participant)

Here are the BUSHMEN Exercises for Week 2:

Day 1 - 5 minute bearwalk, 50 Toe Touches, 50 Crunches, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Burpees (they’re back), 20 Windshield Wipers, 50 Split Squats (don’t feel like you have to jump)

Day 2 - 3 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 3 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 3 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 3 sets of 15 Woodchops, 20 Pushups (modified if needed)

Day 3 - 5 minute bearwalk, 50 Toe Touches, 50 Crunches, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Burpees (they’re back), 20 Windshield Wipers, 50 Split Squats (don’t feel like you have to jump)

Day 4 - 3 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 3 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 3 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 3 sets of 15 Woodchops, 20 Pushups (modified if needed)

Day 5 - 5 minute bearwalk, 50 Toe Touches, 50 Crunches, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Burpees (they’re back), 20 Windshield Wipers, 50 Split Squats (don’t feel like you have to jump)

Day 6 - 3 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 3 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 3 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 3 sets of Woodchops, 20 Pushups (modified if needed)

Day 7 – REST YOU DESERVE IT! Week 3 we’re are stepping it up to another level! BE PSYCHED!

Week Two Weekly Team Challenge
Same water and calories challenge plus Walk, Run or Jog a 5K this week. For each day you do a 5K (3.1 miles your team will get an additional bonus point. 1 point per day per participant)

For videos of some of the exercises, check out Gary's blog page: http://mfpchallenges.blogspot.com/

Also, I have updated the spreadsheet to include Week 2 now as well. Here is the new link:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqMQvDR_Lx8ldFFSTXRnUEZsOF9PUkdzclRfUkhnb3c&hl=en_US

If you send me your gmail address, I'll be able to manually add you to the spreadsheet, so that you don't have to type in the link every time, so let me know!

Let's get tribal! You guys are all inspiring to me! :D

Cassandre

Replies

• hypotrochoid
    hypotrochoid Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    those split squats are going to be the death of me... :D
  • daddyzgrrl28
    Options
    those split squats are KILLER! omg, my legs!!!!
  • nb9251
    nb9251 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I feltlike a complete idot bearwalking around the fitness room. I'm just glad no one came in while I Was doing it. Lol
  • daddyzgrrl28
    Options
    hahaha!! i wish there was video of that! :bigsmile:
  • libs41223
    libs41223 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies!!! I was wondering if you guys could come up with a good alternative to Jumping Jacks. I'm positive that I have tendonitis going on in my left foot. All of other challenges I think will be ok but JJ's. I don't think jumping on it is a good idea. What do you think?
  • phawley13
    phawley13 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    got one of those ab roller things yesterday, no not the weird fitness ones, just one that will support my neck so I can still do crunches even though I have the neck issues. it also can be turned over and used for push ups or dips so that is exciting too
  • hypotrochoid
    hypotrochoid Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies!!! I was wondering if you guys could come up with a good alternative to Jumping Jacks. I'm positive that I have tendonitis going on in my left foot. All of other challenges I think will be ok but JJ's. I don't think jumping on it is a good idea. What do you think?

Maybe Wacky Jacks? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDr_EVKxEws
    Or if that's still too much intensity for your foot you could do windmills: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P70Va8OmL-M
  • libs41223
    Options

Maybe Wacky Jacks? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDr_EVKxEws
    Or if that's still too much intensity for your foot you could do windmills: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P70Va8OmL-M

Ooooo I like those Wacky Jacks! I've been wondering what to do for my side abs without doing bicycle crunches. Now those are the devil. :) I might just replace all my JJ's with those. JJ are from the devil too.
  • cbinnd
    cbinnd Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    i havent even had a chance to do any workouts this week yet! VERY busy!! Hope to catch up tomorrow!!
  • CassandreNoreen
    CassandreNoreen Posts: 158 Member
    Options

Perhaps you should do some punches (Jillian Michaels style)? She says it's a good cardio workout without using your lower body. :D
  • libs41223
    Options

Perhaps you should do some punches (Jillian Michaels style)? She says it's a good cardio workout without using your lower body. :D

I'll try that too. I did all the other challenges today. The only one that gave me issues were the Split Squats. I did get 45 minutes on the elliptical today. Your foot stays stationary on that so, no issues there. :happy:
  • CassandreNoreen
    Options
    Okay everyone, I don't have everyone's results but a majority, so I'll tell you where we are for last week. We currently have 216, which is my opinion is great!

The three people who lost the most weight (in lbs) are:
    Naomi with 3.2lbs
    Gwynne with 1.6lbs
    Cassandre with 1.2 lbs

The three people who lost the most percentage of their weight are:
    Naomi with 1.6% (wow!)
    Gwynne with 0.8%
    Cassandre/Clarissa with 0.6%

Way to go everyone! I hope everyone's having a TRIBAL week so far!
  • nb9251
    Options
    So will we get weekly updates as to which team is in the lead or just at the end of the month? No rush I'm just curious to see how everyone else did because we totally kicked *kitten*!
  • CassandreNoreen
    Options
    Yeah Naomi, we only find out at the end of the month. Too many teams for Gary to keep track of I think.
  • libs41223
    Options
    Question about the extra miles. Basically anything over 4.5 is extra right? I'm already at 10 something miles this week and I'm going on a 3+ mile walk tomorrow with my aunt.
  • nb9251
    Options
    Ok Guys I have to first apologize because I did not do teh challenges past Wednesday. I have just been going through a lot this pat week and couldn't fin the motivation to do extra workouts. I did however do all my normal stuff and I am down 2lbs for the week. I am not at home so and I don't have access to the spread sheet for the week.I will update it as soon sa I get home. I did stay under my calories and every day though. I will try and do better with the challenges this week.
  • CassandreNoreen
    Options
    Question about the extra miles. Basically anything over 4.5 is extra right? I'm already at 10 something miles this week and I'm going on a 3+ mile walk tomorrow with my aunt.

Anything "extra" is anything that isn't in the daily exercise challenges. If it is in your weekly challenge though, it still counts as "extra". :)
  • CassandreNoreen
    Options
    You guys are all amazing! And by keeping track of everything on the spreadsheet, you're making my life a million times easier! As soon as I have everyone's results, I'll post the highlights for you, so you can see how much September has to worry about RAWROTONGA!

On another note, I haven't been receiving any answers from Lorie (wvualum); does anyone know if she is still doing the September Tribal Challenge?