Newbie: Emotional Eating

Options
Hi, Newbie here.

Just wanting to lose about 5 kilos but my biggest hurdle is eating our of boredom. I tend to finish lunch and keep eating all afternoon, not because I am hungry but just because it's there (big snack table at work).

Also aiming to get into shape and stop being lazy.

Need motivation and willpower....stat!

Replies

• billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Bring your own healthy snacks to work. Then you can graze on carrots and stuff all day.
  • Jacquibennett
    Jacquibennett Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel!! I'm what is referred to as a grazer myself. Rather than sit down to proper meals I just pick at food all day long! Especially in the afternoon when work avoidance sets in and I'd rather sit at my desk eating than doing my work, it's so hard to stop this kind of habit. Being hungry doesn't bother me if I'm busy, it's the boredom eating I have trouble not doing!
    If you need support by all means call on me. I'll add you as a friend as I know what its like! :)
  • miss_motivation
    Options
    I even get those 'graze' boxes delivered on monday with healthy snacks with the aim to have one compartment per day. It's normally all gone by Tuesday.
  • nlowry09
    Options
    I have the same problem except I do really well at work but when I get home at night I lose all control. Hopefully we can help each other out!
  • sexyminxinthemaking
    Options
    im a grazer too but mine is in the evening i struggle when the kids are in bed and theres nothing else to do but eat i try to excercise when i start to feel hungry then the hunger is gone by the time i have done my workout feel free to add me for support if you like :)
  • GreenThyme
    Options
    I have the same problem.