UK Asda goers - DVD recommendations please!

Options
Hello :-) I'm animal sitting at my daughters for the next two weeks, where the traffic queues to get in and out are a bit yuck. With this in mind I thought I'd skip the gym and do couch to 5k on the roads around her way - but as I've had shin splints before I *might* need a backup plan. There's a big Asda en route to hers so I thought I might try and pick up an exercise DVD. Anyone got any recommendations of one they are likely to stock? Of course I haven't thought this in advance so can't mail order I need something to do from today onwards, and I'd like a fat burn type one rather than yoga, I'm trying to burn at least 400 cals a day. I have a Wii but a bit reticent about dismantling and reassembling as I'm useless with stuff like that combined with my bull in a china shop ways, so I don't want to be messing with it! Thanks in advance :-)

Replies

• BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    They should have the best-sellers, so I'd expect to see 30 Day Shred and Zumba, which are both great, or if they only do celeb ones, I can heartily recommend Davina's workouts!
  • silvanahawkes
    silvanahawkes Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Natalie Cassidy's Then and Now.

Even though its quite old now I think its amazing cardio. Definitely work up a sweat !
  • Sam426f
    Sam426f Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I love a good exercise DVD! I have bought loads and I'd recommend, Davina McCall, Charlie Brooks, The Biggest Loser, 30 day Shred (although I couldn't find this in the shops and ordered from Amazon).

Let us know how you get on. :smile:
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    if you want a harder workout then i would go davina i wouldnt have thought they would have the shred but if you can find anything from jilliam michaels it would be the best possible workout!
  • Skinny625
    Skinny625 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I like the Firm Workouts because they are a combination of cardio and strength training. I have ones that include using their fanny lifter and the step. But I like the ones that don't included the steps because of my knees. The one that I have has 4 dvds in the case "the Firm CardioWeight System " which you can order online. It promises you that you will see it in 10 workouts and you do
    I can vouch for that. I have been out of commission for about a month now because of surgery and I can't wait until I start doing the workouts again. Good Luck. :bigsmile:
  • bex879165
    bex879165 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain with the shin splints. I'd love to be able to run but I can't! I've got 30DS but also try Hannah Waterman body blitz - I've found this the toughest but best results so far!! Good luck. xx
  • vanessaclarkgbr
    vanessaclarkgbr Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your advice, ended up taking a cheeky run out of work early and went to HMV. Despite what I said previously, I ended up with a Pilates for beginners and a Jillian 6 minute zone thing that claims I can lose 5lb a week ;-) Gave the Pilates a test run (it was 11 o clock didn't want to upset people below and get myself hyped up) and that was nice and relaxing lol
  • porffor
    porffor Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    If you've got internet access you don't need to buy an actual DVD there are classes etc on You tube if you search for them :)

Other than this then random dancing to music will do well (sky music channels). If the dog owners have got a Wii or game console there will be something for that I'm sure! lol

All asda's will have a big DVD section so I'm sure you'll be inspired by what you see. Zumba and the 30 day shred are highly recommended on here. :)

If all else fails good old running on the spot, up stairs or skipping etc work well and are super cheap.. Oh and your local library will have DVDs for rent too along with blockbusters of course. :)