Really dreading going to the gym today...

Options
I slept in today so it's already 10am and I'm just finishing off my OJ and cereal. For some reason my body feels exhausted and I really don't have the motivation to get up and walk over to the gym, much less work out for 30-60 minutes. What do you guys do when you just don't want to get up and go work out?

Replies

• epj78
    epj78 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    I tell myself I only have to do 10 minutes and if I still don't feel like working out - I can quit. But I have to do at least 10 minutes.

I think I've stopped like once. Its more the *idea* of getting ready to workout and starting the workout I don't want to do --- once I'm actually going, I'm good with it.
  • spacebear21
    spacebear21 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Do it! And do what EPJ said. Once you get started you'll feel better :)
  • maryd523
    maryd523 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Lots of times, just putting on your workout clothes makes you feel like working out.

Or....take a nap if you can and work out after you wake up and have more energy.
  • jesshall281
    Options
    yeah i also feel like that, usually after a 9 hour shift at work and then the thought of going to the gym when i just want to go home and put my feet up is daunting.

I usually think of how guilty i would feel if i didnt go, or I just get my husband to drag me to the gym by my earlobes if he has to, once im there im fine!
  • simplyychaos
    Options
    Thanks guys. Funny, once I ended up at the gym I ended up doing a better workout than I did yesterday :) !!