First day of Couch to 5K.....

Options
I like my bike waaaayyyy better! lol.

Replies

• kimtpa1417
    kimtpa1417 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I am starting today as well. I am not a runner so we will see how far I go. :-)
  • countrymom1
    countrymom1 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Hang in there. You can do it. I am doing the C210K and the first day bursts of 30 seconds of running were difficult. It's hard to believe I was that out of shape. I'm over halfway through the program and am running 4 minutes, walking 2 minutes. In fact, tomorrow I bump up to 5 minutes. Wish me luck! :-)
  • kendrafallon
    kendrafallon Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    It does get easier and better :) stick with it!!
  • EmilyAnn89
    EmilyAnn89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    i started on saturday, so i have week 1 day 2 today. i couldn't run as much as they said, i probably actually ran for a total of only 5 minutes. it's hard, but i want to be able to run long distances! it's such a stress reliever, and i really think it will be good for me. stick with it! it takes a while for your body to adjust to running.
  • epj78
    epj78 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    I've done C25K a few times - I hate the first 3 miles of any run so I hate all of C25k --- but I really enjoy the miles after the first three so it's just a necessary evil (I wish I could just jump to how I feel around mile 4 right away!). Maybe this time I'll remember to not stop running or I'll have to do C25k all over again - lol.
  • gbelltx
    gbelltx Posts: 142
    Options
    You got this!! Bring it!!
  • brendansmom1
    brendansmom1 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Stick with it...it actually grew on me. LOL I am in week 5. Bit of advice...take the rest days in between. I know it will feel like you can do it every day, but if trust me, take the rest days. I tried this one other time and never made it past week two. Got sore and unmotivated too quickly. This time I am doing 3 times a week just like they recommend. If I am feeling incredibly strong or just need an extra workout, I will do one of the days a second time, but I really try to stick with 3-4 times a week...instead of doing an extra day, I may do 10 extra minutes on the end of the session.

Good Luck and have fun with it!!
  • jennyocox
    Options
    I finished it a couple of weeks ago and I can't recommend it enough. I can run 5K in 31.55 now! What a buzz!! I wouldn't have been able to walk 5K before, let alone run it!
  • conchita962
    conchita962 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I'm starting week 3 tomorrow and I LOVE it! At the end of each week I time myself...Run with out stopping and I am up to 14 min w/out stopping! Never thought I would ever accomplish that :) I do recommend rest days as well.
    GOOD LUCK!
  • Garfy
    Garfy Posts: 41
    Options
    I used this to get ready for my first ever Race For Life back in July (& I hate running with a passion). I must admit that I didn't fully stick at it as I started running with a couple of friends twice a week towards the end.

I ended up running the full 5k in 36 1/2 minutes & bearing in mind that in January I couldn't run 100 yards without getting out of breath I was well chuffed.

Give it a good go - you will be amazed at the results !
  • tastigger
    Options
    You can do it! I am on W5D1 tomorrow - a month ago I struggled to do 30 seconds of jogging and now I can jog for 5 minutes straight (and 16 minutes in a session). I just signed up for my first 5k October 15th!