Many the Miles: Week 2 [CLOSED GROUP]

Options
2»

Replies

• Charlotte012
    Charlotte012 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Hello all,

I was supposed to run today but I have a MAJOR blister right underneath the middle of my foot. It hurts so bad I can barely walk. I still managed to walk 3 miles between today and yesterday (walking on my toes). Anybody has a trick to get rid of blisters ??
  • PBmaria
    PBmaria Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Friday morning!

thamre- I'll echo you: YOU WILL DO THIS!! Have your daughter drag you there :P

Sinead- Great job! and that's awesome you mixed in some running. Are you interested in running races and stuff?

Charlotte- OUCH! Sorry to hear that. I don't know how to get rid of them but I know wearing toe socks helps to not get them. Do you know why you got it? Are you wearing the right shoes? Hopefully it goes away soon :)

mariababe81: 10.2-DONE!
    sineadangele1: 12 miles-DONE!

mariawells: 8.5 miles
    thamre: 8.5 miles
    CharlotteintheUSA: 7 miles
    Leslye125: 6.95 miles
    defygravity531: 5 miles
    patriot201: 1.5 miles

kbeach08:
    fit_chica69:
  • thamre
    thamre Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Well, managed to get off work early last night to cheer Jenny on at her cross country meet. She did pretty good...18.15. The first girl that came in was just a little over 14 minutes...and that is a very tough course to run...I should know, ran it in my school days for cross country. So, I got home early enough to get in a 4 mile run...did it in 42 minutes - good for me. Jenny doesn't know if she wants to run the 5k tomorrow morning - would rather go with her daddy so she can visit a boy she likes. I will have to drag my youngest with me to cheer me on at the finish line.
  • sineadangele1
    sineadangele1 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I've never been in good enough shape to compete in a race before but it IS a goal i'd like to achieve =]
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    manage to get my run today! boy that felt good! my ankle is much better, it definitely needed the rest! plus im running my first ever 5k race in london on sunday! im very excited!!!! wish me luck! getting butterflies already! lol
  • M_lifts
    Options
    This morning I walked 2 miles/ran 4. Gonna sign daughter and myself up for the **** Beardsley 5k next Saturday! Maybe next year I can start running some 10k races!

sounds fab! im tempted to sign up for the 10k my local running club is holding in march! so will def look into that! good luck to you for next saturday!
  • PBmaria
    Options
    I hope everyone's weekend is off to a great start!

thamre: 12.5 miles-DONE!
    mariawells: 13.8 miles-DONE!

CharlotteintheUSA: 7 miles
    Leslye125: 6.95 miles

kbeach08:
    fit_chica69:
  • Charlotte012
    Options
    Hello all!

I ran 3.1 miles today on my blister and so, it's gone, yeah! I also will walk 2 miles tonight to a friend's house. Have a great week end everyone.
  • Leslye125
    Leslye125 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Add 5 miles. :-) Combo walking/running. Had hoped to run the whole thing, but I guess 98 is still too hot to run. Tried, but was just too much. Hopefully in a few weeks.
  • PBmaria
    Options
    Sunday morning and rain's not falling! Finally! We've actually had a sunny weekend :)

Mariam- Way to rock the 5k! Hope you had a great time!!
    Leslye- You're doing great. Take it one mile at a time :)
    Charlotte- I'm glad it's gone. Those can get really painful. Good job getting your miles in, though!

thamre: 12.5 miles-DONE!
    mariawells: 13.8 miles-DONE!
    CharlotteintheUSA: 10.1 miles-DONE!
    Leslye125: 11.95 miles-DONE!

kbeach08:
    fit_chica69:
  • M_lifts
    Options
    hey ladies! got my 5k today! with my best time evet of 26:11!
    hope everyones doing well. also walked for 4.5hrs around the zoo yesterday! no idea what mileage i covered!
  • Leslye125
    Leslye125 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Add another 2.2 miles today. Was able to get a short run in before Church! :-) Ladies... we rock, we are amazing.
  • Charlotte012
    Options
    hey ladies! got my 5k today! with my best time evet of 26:11!
    hope everyones doing well. also walked for 4.5hrs around the zoo yesterday! no idea what mileage i covered!

AWESOME!!! Congratulations girl!!!
  • PBmaria
    Options
    ****THREAD CLOSED****

Look for Week 3! :)