Do you agree with this quote?

Options
"Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels"

I used to agree with thise quote (maybe because I was really skinny and felt great) but now that I have gained some weight I seem to have forgotten how good it feels to be skinny.

Replies

• Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I would rather be healthy and strong than skinny.
  • Sam426f
    Sam426f Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Agreed
    :smile:
  • HeatherrSue
    HeatherrSue Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I really think it should read "Nothing tastes as good as being healthy feels"...you can be skinny and still very very unhealthy. I have a sister in law who is 5'2" and 105 pounds and always bragging about eating entire pizza's, chili burgers and large milkshakes...I'd hate to see what an MRI of her insides looks like.
  • 13hirteen
    13hirteen Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    No.
    I think statements like that border on anorexia apologism.

What I want to is to be healthy and strong, for my body to be the efficient machine that lets me live my life in the way I want to, with the strength to cycle, hike, swim and lift heavy objects.

Like most people, I also strive for a certain aesthetic in myself, but again, it's one of health and strength.
    I've been thin enough to count my ribs from either side of my body, thin enough that friends have started to worry. It wasn't a good look for me. It was even worse for my mental well-being.

Skinny? Meh.
    My high-protein banana pancakes taste way better than skinny.
    And the victory that comes with managing my next big lift on the free weights tastes better still.
  • adventuring
    Options
    Lol, I knew that would be the quote you were asking about before I even clicked.

And no. I don't.
  • crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    If that were true, we would ALL be skinny!!!!! That strawberry cheesecake sure does taste awfully good!!! :)
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    I do not. It is pro-anorexic propagandist bullsh!t.
  • gsager
    gsager Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    Obviously a lot of stuff tastes as good as skinny feels or I wouldn't have gained weight. But I do know that the more weight I lose the easier working out is......
  • robpett2001
    robpett2001 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Well...I think a lot of people are packing eating-disorder baggage onto the word "skinny"...which I can understand, but I don't think that's the intent of the quote.

So peeling that away... Yes, I agree that that big piece of chocolate cake over there with chocolate chips and fudge frosting tastes pretty darn good, but it doesn't taste good enough to justify 700 calories (and the corresponding exercise & time to burn it off) and messing with the successes I've been having. So in that sense, I agree with it.
  • 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    I don't know what it feels like :-( the last time I was a proper weight was in my teens, but being a teen girl, didn't know I was a healthy weight, we all thought we were fat. I was a plus size when i married at 24, and I am 40 now. What does skinny feel like???
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Have you ever had chocolate mousse cheesecake?
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    Well...I think a lot of people are packing eating-disorder baggage onto the word "skinny"...which I can understand, but I don't think that's the intent of the quote.

So peeling that away... Yes, I agree that that big piece of chocolate cake over there with chocolate chips and fudge frosting tastes pretty darn good, but it doesn't taste good enough to justify 700 calories (and the corresponding exercise & time to burn it off) and messing with the successes I've been having. So in that sense, I agree with it.

I didn't mean it is figuratively pro-ana propaganda. It is literally a slogan that pro-ana's use.
  • Namaste1983
    Namaste1983 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    I HATE THIS QUOTE
  • 1_up
    1_up Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels"

Maybe

"Nothing tastes as good as a low BF% feels" :D
  • RocketsGirl75
    Options
    I have never been "skinny" so all I can say is that there are not many things that taste better than the feeling I get seeing those numbers drop on that scale! Not that I have been a saint and sometimes we have to indulge but the scale always brings it home! LOL!
  • happy_jax
    happy_jax Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Have you ever had chocolate mousse cheesecake?

Haha, right on!!! That's always what I think too! :happy:

I could put an educated, considered comment to respond - but no....what always springs to mind is sure, it's a nice feeling when you feel slim - but it's so much nicer sitting in a fancy restaurant devouring yummy treats! :laugh: (Of course...in moderation!!)
  • 13hirteen
    13hirteen Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I didn't mean it is figuratively pro-ana propaganda. It is literally a slogan that pro-ana's use.

Yep. Googling it produces mostly "thinspiration" blogs. *shudder*
    And arguments about a certain model's unfortunate spouting of pro-ana catchphrases.
  • angelicdisgrace
    angelicdisgrace Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    yes and no.

yes because nothing really taste as good as your jeans feel.

no because it should say nothing tastes as good as healthy feels
  • brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    Disagree. Nutella.
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,366 Member
    Options
    Really good añejo tequila tastes like not giving a fck what skinny feels like. Worrying about what skinny feels like feels insecure and shallow and not fun. Find your balance. That's what being content with yourself feels like.