change MFP exercise per day goals

Options
i want to change my goal from 30 minutes a day to 60 minutes a day. how do i do this? i can't figure out how to go back to the place where i initially set it up.

Replies

• SaraWojcik19
    SaraWojcik19 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    i want to change my goal from 30 minutes a day to 60 minutes a day. how do i do this? i can't figure out how to go back to the place where i initially set it up.
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I believe you go to My Home and then Goals...from my understanding, however, it's better to choose your daily activity level (sedentary, lightly active, etc.) and put in that you aren't doing any workouts at all in that initial set up and then individually list your workouts in the exercise tab when you do them. I think when you put workouts per week in your Goals, MFP gives you extra calories for those workouts, and then you aren't supposed to log your actual workouts under the exercise tab. And if you do log them in addition to putting those workouts in your goals, then you will probably be eating those calories twice, which will obviously hinder your weight loss. Does that make sense?
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I leave my exercise goals set lower (25 min per day, 5x a week) but just exercise more, exceeding that goal weekly.
  • SaraWojcik19
    Options
    uhhhh??? i wish it made sense but no. i'm still new to this so i just need to re-read it slowly.
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    uhhhh??? i wish it made sense but no. i'm still new to this so i just need to re-read it slowly.

Well let's wait and see if someone else chimes in...I may be completely off base here and wouldn't want to steer you in the wrong direction...so before you change anything based on what I said, wait for a few more responses...maybe someone else will be able to explain it better or will give information to the contrary that will make more sense...
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    My Home > Settings > Update Diet/Fitness Profile
  • SaraWojcik19
    Options
    ok now that i am adding in my foods and exercise i can see where it allows me extra calories. it makes sense now.

and can i add.....................................STUPID STUPID SPRITE!!!!!!!!!!!! one Sprite was about as many calories as my entire lunch!!!!!!! i never compared it like that before! thats nuts!!!!!