30 Day Shred Starting 08/22/11 - 3rd Monday Check In

Options
Hello everyone,

I haven't had a chance to measure yet, my weight is 242.0 (Starting Weight), now 236.5! I still haven't had the nerve to start level 2 yet, planning to tomorrow when the 4 year old goes back to preschool! Can't wait to see everone elses results!

Candy

Replies

• erxkeel
    erxkeel Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    way to go! I'm on day 5! keep it up I can feel results already! exciting!
  • EPICSRT
    EPICSRT Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    So far so good!

Starting:

Weight: 193 pounds
    Waist: 40.5 inches

Today was day 15 and I just completed D8 of L2. Plan to switch to L3 on Thursday.

Today's weigh-in:

Weight: 186.0 pounds
    Waist: 38.5 inches

It's deffinately become more noticeable. I only have 1 pair of shorts that still fit around the waist and they are a size smaller than what I've been wearing. I had to buy a new belt; has 5 holes and I'm down to the 4th with one more before I'll have make a new hole or buy another belt. My works slacks have a flex-waist that doesn't need to flex anymore.

Loving it!!

I purchased ripped in 30 days yesterday and planning on rolling from 30DS straight to RI30. Any takers?!
  • MrsRipdizzle
    MrsRipdizzle Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    I weigh in on Wednesdays so nothing to report today. I'm staying away from the scale...it's been pi$$ing me off lately with all the ups and downs.
    I did level 2, day 4 today (so day 14 overall). I'm finding I'm not nearly as sore as I was during level 1...so that got me wondering if this level workout was doing much for me. I know it's a LOT of upper body (that's what I feel the most during the workout but I don't have a lot of soreness the following day) but I just don't "feel" it in my legs like I did in the first level. Yeah it burns doing the static lunge/squats...so I dunno. I *almost* (notice I said almost, I don't think I'm crazy enough to do it) want to do both level 2 and level 1 EACH day...just so I can be sure something is happening. LOL I'm tired once I finish the level 2 workout though...so who knows.
    Anyway...I'm glad to see you guys are seeing results in your numbers! I'm afraid to take any measurements because if I don't see enough change, I will become de-motivated and that would not be good. So my measurements will wait until the 30 days is complete. Lame, I know. ;o)
    What diet are you guys following? Carbs/protein/fat breakdown? Are you eating back your exercise calories? My weight loss is soooo stinkin' slow overall so last week I started eating all of my exercise calories back (prior to that I was eating about half of them back). I decided I'd give this a go for two weeks and see what happens since I wasn't losing very much when eating half of them back.
  • CandyR1018
    CandyR1018 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Ok, boys are napping so I measured:

1) Weight and measurements -
    8/22/11 8/28/11 09/5/11
    *Weight - 242.0 237.5 236.5
    *Neck - 14 14 13.5
    *Waist - 39 38 37.5
    *Chest - 49 49 48
    *HIps - 50 48 46.5
    *Arm - 14 14 13
    *Thigh - 24 21 21
    *Calf - 17 16.5 16

So folks, that's 5.5 total pounds and 8.5 total inches gone! I still can't do pushups, but someone told me about chair pushups, I don't know if they are as effective as the floor pushups, but losing an inch off my arms, i'm going to keep at them.

2) Comments (The good, the bad, the ugly!) Try to keep any moans and groans light hearted.
    *Level 1 has become "comfortable" to me, I need to step up and do level 2!

3) NSV (non scale victories) - this could include clothes fitting better, not wanting that second peice of whatever your trigger food is, or any compliments you receive.
    * *Those jean shorts are now my comfy shorts. They are a men's size 42! I put on a size 18 shorts this morning that I couldn't button, they are still snug, but button!
  • EPICSRT
    EPICSRT Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Jade: I rarely ear my exercise calories. Once in a while I will, but usually only when splurging on something. As far as breakdown, MFP has the split as 55% Carbs, 30% Fat, 15% Protien. I've been striving to increase protien, keep fat under 30 and keep carbs under 55. I primarily focus on reducing fat. My overall weight loss goes up and down daily, but with a downward trend, and as log as that is the case, I am good.
  • MrsRipdizzle
    Options
    I changed my MFP settings to 40% carbs, 30% protein, 30% fat...based on Jillian Michaels (Master Your MEtabolism) and Dr. Colbert's recommendations. After doing some online quiz from JM, I learned I am a balanced oxidizer and this is a good breakdown for that. I don't always hit these goals at perfect numbers, however, and I noticed I easily go over on fat grams. :o/

Great job Candy!!! Question ~ when taking a waist measurement, how do you determine where to measure? My waist is smaller than where my belly button is...but it's hard to measure waist at the same place each time I want to measure.
  • CandyR1018
    Options
    The important thing is to try to put the measuring tape at the exact same place every time. Your waist is the narrowest part between your bust and hips, but to keep with the same place, I do 2 inches above my belly button for waist and 3 inches below my belly button for hips (supposed to be widest part but right now I have too much tummy to really tell what's wide). For my arms and legs, I have lots of freckles, moles, and a few scars (don't laugh) but I use those to determine where I measure. I know some who do 2 inches above elbows, knees, etc.
  • dusk1977
    Options
    Wow Candy you are doing awesome, I haven't measured yet and weight is still the same, I haven't done it as well as I did the first time so may continue for a few more weeks after the rest of you :wink:
  • linbaby4
    linbaby4 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! :)

1) Weights and measurements:
    Starting : 150 lbs
    Last weigh in: 148 lbs
    Current: 147 lbs
    So far lost 3 pounds! Still have to measure myself!

2) ) Comments (The good, the bad, the ugly!)
    I have taking some days off due to my extra fitness class twice a week and school getting started and possibly fear of level 2 lol. But I am starting level 2 on tuesday and will do it for 7 days instead of 10! I love the program because it is quick & alot easier for me as a beginner to the 'workout' aspect of healthy living!

3) NSV (non scale victories)
    So far I down from a tight 11 jeans to baggy/ size 9/10 size jeans!!!! And also I can now buy all my favorite sports t-shirts in children sizes which equal cheaper for me lol! I also dont crave fast food, junk food (besides ice cream) as much as I used to. And even the 2 times I bought it I could not even finish it/ eat the fries!

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE ELSE AS WELL! :D
  • sara709
    sara709 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I'm loving it! I took the weekend off but did a lot of hiking and moved back into it today.
    I started at 120lbs and am now down to 116.5 as of this morning!

Don't be afraid to start level 2! It killlllllled me in the beginning but, just like level 1, it gets easier. You will amaze yourself with how strong you have become and are becoming. I feel like I can do anything now because I've been able to do this.

I'm thinking I'll be moving on to level 3 this weekend.. wish me luck!

and congrats to every one of you! :) you're all amazing!
  • CandyR1018
    Options
    I love hearing everyone's reports!!! Great job everyone! I didn't start level 2 today, watched it, gonna start tomorrow, wish me luck!
  • MrsRipdizzle
    Options
    So, weighed in this morningm (today is day 16, level 2 -day 6)...down a pound from last week! Started 30DS at 181.8, now at 177.6 for a total of 4.2 lbs lost. Very slow losses...but at least the general trend is DOWN. LOL
  • CandyR1018
    Options
    Well, had to take today off because I've done something to my knee, and decided not to push it! Was actually looking forward to trying to start level 2 today! Oh well, hopefully I can rest today and start tomorrow!
  • prila13
    prila13 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what day I'm on because I'm still on L1. I tried L2 but I wasn't ready for it yet. I still have some difficulty getting through L1 in some parts. I'm looking to be able to do those better before moving on to L2. My scale has only moved 1 lb. I'm taking my 3 week measurements tomorrow. I hope they have moved a little bit. LOL I will check back in tomorrow with results.
  • jingoace
    jingoace Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I finished day 17 of 30 day shred today. did level 1 for warm-up AND then did level 2 for the first time! Wow! Impressed that I could do the Level 2 w/o, and also how much it made me sweat! Keep on keeping on! :) J