If you have a Bodybugg/Bodymedia AND use MFP.. I need some h

Options
My Bodybugg goals are set at 2600 daily burn, and 1600 daily calorie intake, so it's set up for a 1,000 calorie deficit for a 2 pound a week loss.

I want to match up my MFP goals, but MFP uses the "net calories" system which isn't quite the same.

So, how many net calories should I set up at MFP to make the goals match. If I just put in my current weight and my 2lb a week loss goal, will it automatically set it "right" and be the same as my Bodybugg goals?

Thanks.
God bless!

Replies

• jessbennett1986
    Options
    My Bodybugg goals are set at 2600 daily burn, and 1600 daily calorie intake, so it's set up for a 1,000 calorie deficit for a 2 pound a week loss.

I want to match up my MFP goals, but MFP uses the "net calories" system which isn't quite the same.

So, how many net calories should I set up at MFP to make the goals match. If I just put in my current weight and my 2lb a week loss goal, will it automatically set it "right" and be the same as my Bodybugg goals?

Thanks.
    God bless!

Hello,
    If you set your MFP goals to lose 2lbs a week it will automatically set it to whatever the lowest amount of calories you should eat to lose weight. For example, if I want to set MFP to lose 2lbs a week, it will only set my lowest calorie intake as 1200 per day. It will not go under 1200. And that means that my goal is not 2lb loss per week, because MFP says that's unhealthy for me since it requires me to go under the 1200 calorie goal. Bodybugg will set your calories to whatever lb loss you want, whether unhealthy or not. Hope I didn't confuse you too much.
  • Michelle_M2002
    Michelle_M2002 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    My Bodybugg goals are set at a 2600 daily burn and a 1600 daily intake. The 1,000 deficit should translate into a 2lb a week loss. MFP says that I need to eat 1200, which is too low for me.

So if i log my food on MFP, it'll say I'm going over.

Just trying to see what "net calorie" amount would equal a TOTAL consumed of 1600.

God bless!
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,598 Member
    Options
    Do you log your exercise calories? Play around with those so your net matches your bodybugg.
  • Michelle_M2002
    Options
    Do you log your exercise calories? Play around with those so your net matches your bodybugg.

Yes. I just use the cardio option and then put in the calories that I burned for that work out session. I wish they had the option to do that for strength training, but oh well.

So basically, if I'm burning 2600 calories a day, and eating 1600 calories a day.... is 1600 calories my net?

Thanks
    God bless!
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,598 Member
    Options
    So basically, if I'm burning 2600 calories a day, and eating 1600 calories a day.... is 1600 calories my net?

Exactly!
  • shydaisi
    shydaisi Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    You could just manually set your MFP caloric goal to 1600 and then monitor your calorie burn with your Bodybugg to make sure you hit 2600 in a day (and not log your activity into MFP).
  • Michelle_M2002
    Options
    Thanks so much for the help!

I'll set my MFP goal manually to 1600. I'll still log my exercise, just to keep me accountable, but I won't "eat back" any exercise calories that MFP thinks I should. And as long as I'm burning 2600 daily, it should all be good. :)

Thanks!

God bless!