I can't stand this :/

Options
I feel horrible.. I'm back up to 141. Not the first time my weight came back up. I ate way too much these past two days. Whenever I'm with people with a lot of food, I feel I need to eat. Then I feel horribly guilty after. I always feel like I need to work out and lose the weight that I just ate.

:/ I just want to keep losing weight. I know it fluctuates.. But back up to almost 3 pounds more? That's a little rough.. After it took a while to lose it. I'm crushed. :frown:

Replies

• Forensic
    Forensic Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    You didn't GAIN 3 pounds, not in 2 days.

You're retaining water.

Drink more, continue on your path, you'll be back down soon enough.
  • ecmcnamee
    ecmcnamee Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Water weight maybe? Try drinking more and I bet it comes up pretty dang quick ...good luck!
  • econn
    econn Posts: 157
    Options
    dont worry about it!! your weight will fluctuate depending on a lot of things! if you ate 10,500 calories over maintenance calories then u would have gained 3 pounds. but you hav still been under your goal every day. You probably just ate a lot of sodium which means you are retaining water..it will drop in a few days again and you will be happy. don't let this set u back! Drink a lot of water and stay away from the scale for a few days. You have worked so hard. If u quit now, in a few days u will be wishing u hadn't! KEEP GOING :) You are doing amazing! :)
  • SpaceMarkus
    Options
    yeah, you're not going to gain 3lbs of fat in 2 days. Take to eating clean for the next week and it should peel right back off :)
  • JeanWalker109
    Options
    I can totally relate to the feeling, Katie. However, you can't stay where you are. Look at the situation for what it is - a learning experience - and take what you've learned and move forward. Don't repeat the same things. Remove yourself from those situations even it means leaving a group early or walking around a bit to keep from eating just b/c everyone else is eating. You'll find things that help you through those times. Whatever you do, do not stay down/discouraged, and put some plans into action to remedy the gain and keep it movin' in the right direction.

I pray you find some peace over this current situation and turn it into a positive learning experience. (I don't say anything to anyone I've not experienced myself, so we learn together. *hugs*)

*smiles*

Jean
  • Jaytee79
    Jaytee79 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I would say water retention. I can go up 2 or 3 pounds overnight if I eat to much sodium, or at that time of the month :(. Usually if I increase my water intake it comes down fairly quickly.
  • hajjcomb
    hajjcomb Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Yeah, maybe some high sodium foods were in the mix?

I had the same thing happen recently. I had been slacking, rehabbing my Achilles, and on vacation. Got on the scale and was up 4 lbs from my norm. Within a few days of being back on track I was back down to normal.

The human body is not a machine that is always linear and predictable in it's behavior. Don't be too hard on yourself. :-)
  • brewingaz
    brewingaz Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Water retention. That simple. Besides, weight is just a number, an index if you will. It's fat you want to get rid of, and muscle you want more of!
  • NancyAnne1960
    NancyAnne1960 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Sounds like water retention to me. I measure water retention by how thick or thin my wrists are. I can always tell when it's water vs. weight gain daily by my fingers around my wrist. Drink lots of water, eat low sodium for the next couple of days, and you will be right back in the game!!
  • sfburdett
    sfburdett Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Sorry to state the obvious but, did you weigh yourself at the same time on the same scales in the same condition, as this can have an impact?

Regards
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    It's ok...we ALL have bad days! Yesterday was horrible for me but I know I will get back on track. Keep your head up!
  • mrpearson253
    mrpearson253 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Sometimes if I eat too much salty stuff my weight will push up a pound or two...hang in there and don't give up.

Mark
  • messyinthekitchen
    messyinthekitchen Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    I'm exactly the same as you. Uggh I hate it. I gained 4 lbs since Friday lol. It's just water weight though hun. Get you're water int he next few days and lately I have been packing snacks when I go with friends it helps so much. If we go out to dinner I pick the restaurant so I can look at the menu to make sure it won't sabotage me. And order first before everyone else and you won't be tempted to eat crap. Good luck!!!
  • bevskiwolf
    bevskiwolf Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I gained a pound this week. THERE! I SAID IT OUT LOUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Honey, it happens. Now put on a smile and go forward!! This is the rest of our lives. Not just for today.

xooxo
    Bevy
  • spicypepper
    spicypepper Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    I second water retention and possibly salty foods. That does it to me all the time. Increase your water for today and tomorrow and that should clean you out.
  • cheshirechic
    cheshirechic Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I feel exactly the same way-- the absolute same exact thing happened to me. It sucks.

BUT...I'm just trying to trust that my body will bounce back. Easy on, easy off, I'm hoping, especially if it's water weight from sodium or, um, beverages during the holiday weekend. We're around the same weight so feel free to add me if you want the extra support! <3
  • sexyminxinthemaking
    Options
    i can totally relate to this i went down to 138lbs after i had food poisoning and now ive put on 3lbs in 2 days its so disheartening aint it
  • Michelle_M2002
    Michelle_M2002 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    1. Drink more water. You're retaining water from too much sodium intake and/or not enough water intake.
    2. Don't weigh yourself every day.
    3. If you know you're going to be with people, and you KNOW that food is your downfall when you're with people... then here are some tips.
    A. Eat a healthy, filling snack before going out.
    B. Take a water bottle, whenever you feel the urge to eat, drink instead, to fill up.
    C. Bring your own healthy snacks... going to the movies? Make your own trail mix and protein bars. Make your own veggie chips coked in coconut oil.. etc....
    D. If you want to indulge, take one small serving and then say "No more, thank you." If you're somewhere with a buffet, take portions of the healthier stuff first, then WALK AWAY from the buffet table. If you want a "goodie" take one or two and then firmly tell yourself NO MORE!

You can do this.. You just have to drum up the will power and have plans in place!

God bless!
  • BrewerGeorge
    BrewerGeorge Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    You didn't GAIN 3 pounds, not in 2 days.

You're retaining water.

Drink more, continue on your path, you'll be back down soon enough.
    This.

Along with the water retention, don't forget the weight of the actual food itself that is still in your system. Without being to indelicate, you'll...ah... eliminate that over the next few days.

The weekend before last was a friends annual hog roast and bonfire. I declared a free day, ate what I wanted and had about 1000 Cal in alcohol alone. The day after I was 5 pounds heavier than when I left the house for the party! I just went back on plan as if nothing had happened and by Friday those 5 pounds were gone along with another one for the week as a whole.

So hang in there. Bottom line is that a single binge every now and then won't kill you as long as it's part of an overall average fit lifestyle and diet.
  • auntbyte
    auntbyte Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    When I'm going out with friends, I plan ahead. I look at the restaurant's online nutritional menu, allow myself a little indulgence for that meal and enter that FIRST in my daily food log. Then I back into the rest of my day's food intake so that I don't go over for the day. I deny myself nothing yet don't feel guilty. It might not be the most nutritionally balanced thing to do, but so far, it's working and I can "behave" the rest of the week. This program certainly makes you accountable for what you eat....sometimes I hate it, but if that's the case, I have no one but myself to blame. Like everyone is telling you, tho, you get to start fresh each and every day. A little refreshing notion, considering the fact that the old me would think, "well, I've fallen off the wagon, I may as well give up". Here, I log on the next morning with a squeaky clean slate and get to start all over again. Best of luck!!