plain greek yogurt

Options
so i accidentally bought a small single-serving container of plain greek yogurt. ive never had it, but i hate regular plain yogurt so im dreading eating it...what can i do with it or eat with it to use it up? thanks!

Replies

• Kbuck504
    Kbuck504 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    add strawberries (or some other fruit) and some cereal (i put kashi go lean) to it.
  • UrbanRunner81
    UrbanRunner81 Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    you could add stevia to sweeten it. I usually do that. Or honey, fruit and granola.
  • cutmd
    cutmd Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Lol, I buy it all the time. I put a little splenda or honey and some berries or cereal, and it's quite yummy!
  • Ruchell
    Ruchell Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    A little honey, blueberries and slivered almonds...yum!
  • brendalyne
    Options
    I use plain greek yogurt as a substitiute for sour cream. Otherwise I like to add honey to sweeten it....with or without fruit.
  • holly_v
    holly_v Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    ditto the sweeteners or i use it as sour cream
  • javamonster
    javamonster Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    My mother has a great flan recipe that uses yogurt. :wink: It's actually resonable when it comes to cals, if you're looking to transform that yogurt into a treat! Maybe try googling flan recipes. :happy:
  • dogmom3514
    Options
    use it in place of sour cream or mayo...like to make tuna salad or top a potato..tastes the same once you get used to it.
  • Carrie704
    Options
    i add splenda and some cinnamon .. it reminds me of the frosting on cinnamon rolls!
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,453 Member
    Options
    I love it plain (think I'm the only one) but then again I also like Kefir (fermented milk with different probiotics) I guess I'm weird. You can add honey, it tastes great like that too :)
  • lindsay6694
    Options
    if youre just going to eat it, which i do pretty much every day, i usually like it with fresh berries but youre definitely going to need to sweeten it bc otherwise it tastes like sour cream lol i just add a little packet or stevia/truvia/or honey. sometimes a little vanilla extract or cinnamon. really high in protein so itll keep you full for a pretty long time. you can also make dips with it, mix in a little of the dry dip mixes(watch the sodium tho) eat it with carrots or whatever you like...yummy!
  • nrvo
    nrvo Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I sweeten mine with sugar free cherry jello powder. It's soooo freakin good, and for only 10 extra cals! My favorite fruit to mix in is blackberries :smile:

I also use it as a sour cream substitute.
  • LoveHoodies
    Options
    i add splenda and some cinnamon .. it reminds me of the frosting on cinnamon rolls!

I've never thought about trying greek yogurt because I don't like thick yogurt, but I think I'm going to have to buy a container just to try this, yum :)
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options
    thank you for all the ideas now i don't have to waste it!
  • EthanJeremiahsMama
    Options

I just tried this and it was sooo good! I had Fage 0% greek yogurt, added one packet of stevia and a some cinnamon extract with 1/4 of fiber one oats.. it was delicious!
  • pinkita
    pinkita Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    You could try with any of the following, or a combination of:

1. Splenda
    2. Honey
    3. Your favorite extract
    4. Small amount of Nutella that's been warmed up in the microwave/stovetop
    5. Raisins
    6. Jam
    7. Your fave fruit
  • JazzyFizz23
    Options
    I had tried this before - per the insistence of my grandmother and didn't like. Then I found some of the flavored Greek yogurt and it is good. Now I even eat the plain Greek yogurt since I've grown accustomed to the flavor kind. Weird, I know. As everyone else has said though, add some fruit and granola. I have found a couple companies with yogurt, granola, and fruit all in one container just waiting to be mixed and eaten. It's an adjustment from our idea of yogurt, but it's really good. It's all about adjusting the taste buds.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options
    here is what i did! i microwaved 1 cup of Great Value No Sugar Added Mixed Berries so they were soft, and I mashed them up into a compote, and then mixed that in the yogurt, and then added a little pinch of sugar. it's perfect! thanks for the ideas :)
  • Michelle_M2002
    Michelle_M2002 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I love to mix a few teaspoons of honey, a dash of cinnamon and some chopped raw organic almonds into mine!!!

You can put it on top of a baked potato like sour cream.

You can put it in smoothies for a yummy protein boost.

Mix in a bit of cocoa and honey or sweetener of your choice for a mock chocolate pudding.

Mix in raisins and nuts with a bit of cinnamon.

God bless!