Arch nemesis!

Options
BondBomb
BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
I always like to keep an arch nemesis. A person I just can't stand and focus all of my anger on. It was a former friend that just decided one day we weren't friends anymore. She has done that to all of our former mutual friends too but I chose to take it personally. Anyway she recently sent me a message on Facebook telling me how beautiful my son was and that she often cyber stalked me. It was actually a nice email so no she can no longer be my nemesis. Sigh. I will have to find a new one.
Anyone else have an arch nemesis?

Replies

• christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    hell yes i do!! it's a friend of mine that we all realized is crazy and toxic in our lives. she has tried to be friends again several times but she burned her bridge with me a long time ago.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Not currently. I am between arch-nemeses.
  • JsGirl93
    JsGirl93 Posts: 1,156
    Options
    My m-i-l. She used to send me ads of elastic waist pants for "girls my size" after my oldest daughter was born. F*** you was my response.
  • reepobob
    reepobob Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    My m-i-l. She used to send me ads of elastic waist pants for "girls my size" after my oldest daughter was born. F*** you was my response.

That is effing awesome! (Your response, that is...)...classic
  • reepobob
    reepobob Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Diamond pushups on P90X...I have no human arch nemesis...I hate everyone equally
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    Diamond pushups on P90X...I have no human arch nemesis...I hate everyone equally

You and I share the same quality about human life. I hate everyone equally as well. That said, those damned one arm push ups get me every time.
  • Swimgoddess
    Swimgoddess Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I need a new one too :(

We were NEVER friends. I was always very driven to be better than her in every aspect of our lives. Having more kids in better schools, bigger house, more prestigious job when I chose to work, the ability to be a SAHM whenever I wanted so >I< could raise my own kids (and not my mommy like she had to do), hotter body, etc. One-upping her always gave me an ego-boost; kinda like going to Wal-Mart or an all-you-can-eat buffet & patron watching can put a little spring in your step.

She finally followed me into SAHM-hood about a year ago when her mom got sick of raising her kids for her. Her family struggled financially even when she was working, so they're worse off now. Her wall was open on FB awhile back and I saw her bragging about doing p90x, etc. It had been awhile since her last p90x-related wall post or since I'd seen her; we always had a kinda close build/body-type (BMI around 26?) if she was working at it and I wasn't. Nobody in my family is obese while it runs rampant in her family. I ran into her about two weeks ago.

It was quite obvious her Tony Horton was collecting dust. I'd estimate her BMI closer to 29-30, bigger than I was at my HW (non-pregnancy-related) of 182lbs. In some extremely relaxed clothing even for a SAHM, no make-up, she had stopped coloring her hair, or basically caring etc. Meanwhile, thanks to my 130+ day MFP streak, some serious dedication at the gym and the wonderful gift from my hubby of "Mommy Makeover" plastic surgery to celebrate and solidify our family being complete... it was no contest. Not...even...close... Instead of my usual ego-boost or ego-ding that would have me either beaming or raging for the next week or so, I just felt really REALLY sad for her instead.

"Competing" with her lost it's appeal. It isn't fun anymore and just makes me feel like an awful person for even considering it. So I'm in the market too.
  • angelicdisgrace
    angelicdisgrace Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options

ughhhh I am so sorry but I know exatcly how you feel about your mil bc my mil is evil I wonder if they just sprout out of hell or more like the inner circles of hell
  • sweetsapphire85
    Options
    Had a future M-I-L like that, it was the ultimate demise of our relationship which i guess was better than suffering like that for another 30 years until she kicked the bucket!

I had a 17 year friendship that is now my arch nemesis, we were fine until high school but everything became attention focused on her. We only started to hang out so she could brag about her great news or complain about her bad news and i never got a word in edgewise. But that wasn't the straw that broke the camels back...I would go out with the guy I was seeing in a group setting and if she was in the group she would some how end up on his lap rubbing her chest up against him and throwing herself at him. (a lot of times the guy didn't feed into it and you could tell they felt awkward)

When i talked to her about it she said she couldn't help that men liked her and her assets more than mine she was doing me a favor by showing me they weren't into me as much as i thought, and then she would end up asking them out when we didn't work out for one reason or another.
  • boomboom011
    Options
    Mine is enchiladas from El Fenix! Sometimes "she" wins sometimes I do. Right now I am winning! But that could change in approx 28 days.
  • JamesonsMommy
    JamesonsMommy Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Isn't that what family is for :) lol You come to a point in your life where you grow up and walk away from all the drama.. It feels fabulous!!
  • JamesonsMommy
    JamesonsMommy Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    p.s. your son is beautiful!! lol Being a mommy is the best!!
  • JENIFER_AZ
    JENIFER_AZ Posts: 235 Member
    Options

NO WAY!!!!
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    I have never spoken to my now ex mil
    I have send her emails. Pics of her grandson. She has little interest in her son and none in her grandchild. Feel free to hate her for me :)
  • porffor
    porffor Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    Yep I'm a woman.. of course i have! lol
    I won't call her the F word.. ending in end.. no way. She was someone I sat with in college.. can't post much on a public forum 'in case' But whenever I walk past her I remember my mum telling me, head up, back straight.. and as a teen we added things like 'tits out' to that walk.. confidence is the best two fingered salute I can give her.. with a sweet smile added of course. :tongue:

She'll be the face I see when faced with a punchbag. :devil: