Cautiously optimistic

Options
I just signed up. I REALLY hope this site helps with my attempts at weight loss. After reading some random posts on the site, I fervently hope that this will be what really works for me, too. I'm so very tired of little to no results despite effort!

Replies

• fmeisele
    Options
    Lots of help on this site, but it's 90% you. Keep track of everything, this site makes it easy. And there is as much or as little support as you want. Stay mentally tough no matter what anyone does or says here or anywhere else in your life. This is your journey and you control the outcome.
  • GoyaMommy13
    GoyaMommy13 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    this site has helped me a lot! i wanted a specific formula and i got it here along with other tools. some tips:

1. if you have an iphone or other smart phone - get the MFP app! you can track when you're out and about!

2. invest in a heart rate monitor at some point. i didn't realize how many calories i burned until i got mine. they can get pricey - so do your research first! mine is timex ironman edition and i love it! it's the most accurate way to determine how many calories you've burned.

3. i now get the full benefit of mfp now that i have MFP friends. seems corny at first but the "Way to go!" and the "Awesome Burn!" from my MFP support system really helps me out!

hope this helps- you can do it!! feel free to friend me! :)
  • djkshdfd
    djkshdfd Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    add people with similar goals as friends or anyone who just seems friendly...they will be your biggest support. If it was not for everyone I have on here, I would not feel as motivated
  • world2c
    world2c Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I think this is an amazing and very simple tool to use. I think the best thing is that you can pretty much have whatever you want in moderation.... And just remember most of us went through a week of rethinking our eating after getting number shock looking at our calories. And we've also all had day(s) of falling off the wagon... What's important is that you stick with it, find out works for you, and be honest with yourself.... If you are honest with your log, you will see the success you want... Wishing you patience and success on your journey!
  • CrazyDaisysMommy
    Options
    Spend a lot of time on the Success Stories board. You will find a lot of motivation/inspiration, and those posts will erase any doubt that you may have that this site is a way to change your lifestyle. Good luck on your voyage to a new you! Feel free to add me as a friend if you need some extra support!
  • ravenribbs
    ravenribbs Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Wow!! Not even a member for 15 minutes and I already got encouragement from 4 other people!! Thank you all and I think I'll go make a "ticker" now!!:happy:
  • Danelyh
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel:smile: . I have tried so many different diets over the years but nothing worked long term and I could never seem to lose very much weight. MFP has been great for me. I log what I eat and my exercise EVERY day. I am able to see where my calories are coming from and where I need work. I was eating under my calorie intake allowance for the day but too many of them were from fat and carbs., now I can eat more with less of both. I have lost 7lbs so far and it's not from a "fad diet", it's from eating healthier. Please feel free to friend me. The motivation and support from others is also a tremendous help.
  • fit4lyfeLisa
    fit4lyfeLisa Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, and good luck with your weight loss journey!! You will find lots of encouragement and support on here.