What to eat the day before weigh-in

Options
2»

Replies

• LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    When I first started, I made a point to eat lower sodium in the days before a weigh in, then I realized... this isn't a race or contest.

I'm not on the Biggest Loser. I'm not going to get voted off if I don't lose "enough."

I'm not a boxer or wrestler who's going to get bumped into the next weight class if I'm a couple pounds heavier.

This is just life. It doesn't matter if I lose 1 pound this week, or .1 pound. The world won't even end if my weight stays the same or even goes up a little. It's not going to be linear. As long as the general trend is moving in the right direction, I'm happy.

If the general trend moves in the wrong direction, or doesn't move at all, I have to reassess things.
  • egrusy
    egrusy Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I've never considered eating differently just before weigh-in day. To me that would be like starting a weigh-in cycle wearing steel-toed boots because you know that the next week you will be guaranteed to have lost weight because you'll be barefoot! Eat normally and make it a good honest weigh-in :flowerforyou:
  • MissSaturday
    MissSaturday Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    eat just less and got to toilet in the morning before weighting. ha ha ha
  • ILuvMoo
    ILuvMoo Posts: 41
    Options
    I just log my weight every morning so I can watch all the little daily fluctuations in the graph and see the trends, rather than only looking at a weekly "snapshot" of the situation. Yes, some days it goes up or down by a whole pound, just because I had more sodium one day or because my girly hormones are getting their thing on, but I get to see the pattern and watch what that zig-zaggy line is doing OVERALL. :glasses: