Sensa??? What The H E Double Hockey Sticks Is It?

42hockeymom
42hockeymom Posts: 521 Member
edited October 2 in Chit-Chat
I posted this here, because I don't really want to give this any credibility. I know there is no magic cure-all or pill, so I KNOW this stuff isn't worth it. However, I am curious.

But what the hell is Sensa? I thought it was little "shots" you drank before you drank. But today I see a commercial and they're sprinkling it on their food like salt? What the??? Huh??

Replies

• d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Here is an article on it from a non-biased person.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/5407768/quick_results_diet_profile_sensa.html?cat=51

I've heard it gives a lot of people stomach problems as well. I've always heard it's not worth it, and for a majority of people it hasn't worked. It has some science behind it, but people still have to make healthy choices.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,363 Member
    I just got 12 million hits on google
  • CaptainMFP
    CaptainMFP Posts: 440 Member
    Anything that advertises itself with the words "clinically proven" (their main website from a Google search)...especially a supplement not a drug (hate on big Pharma all you like...they are held to higher standards of safety and efficacy than supplement makers)...you've got to be leery. Science proceeds through the falsification, not proof, of ideas...claims of proof are among the most suspicious claims that can be made. How many people want somethin' for nothin'? A LOT. So this is just another product trying to capitalize on laziness and longing. :mad:
  • From what I've read off of a friend who got a free sample of it, you sprinkle the stuff on your food and smell it before you eat it. The smell is suppose to suppress your appetite. She only got 4 days in before she tossed the stuff.
  • 42hockeymom
    42hockeymom Posts: 521 Member
    From what I've read off of a friend who got a free sample of it, you sprinkle the stuff on your food and smell it before you eat it. The smell is suppose to suppress your appetite. She only got 4 days in before she tossed the stuff.

Thanks, that's what I was asking.
  • leynak
    leynak Posts: 963 Member
    Yeah, my Dad tried it- he said it didn't work at all...
  • ShrinkingNinja
    ShrinkingNinja Posts: 460 Member
    I saw the infomercial at my mom's house this weekend. I was laughing my backside off at the success stories on there. I lost 20lbs on Sensa...

Well, I've lost over 90 on nothing but exercise and a better diet and I didn't have to give out my credit card to anyone to do it!
This discussion has been closed.