time savers.

Options
:laugh: happy-happy. I did a bunch of healthy shopping yesterday and stuffed it all in the fridge and freezer. This morning after digging through the stuff for breakfast items I thought I'd never eat this stuff cause its too messy and don't want to deal with it. So pulling on my strong organizational skills and knowing I have to pack lunches every day I got busy. I just spent 2 hours cooking some meats, washing and cutting a ton of assorted veggies and did some serious bagging. Even went so far as to make little bags up that I can pull out of the freezer that has tortilla, serving of turkey and a few that has a slice of turkey bacon as well. So now instead of trying to think at 4:30 in the morning of what to pack for lucnh I can just open a bag pull out a meal, add some veggies( cut and bagged also)and off I go. I keep several low cal salad dressings at work to add to the wraps.
Next on the list is putting some to go breakfasts together and see what might be hiding in the freezer.
Now there is no excuse for not eating all those yummy, bright fruits and veggies.

Replies

• Booksarenice
    Booksarenice Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    :laugh: happy-happy. I did a bunch of healthy shopping yesterday and stuffed it all in the fridge and freezer. This morning after digging through the stuff for breakfast items I thought I'd never eat this stuff cause its too messy and don't want to deal with it. So pulling on my strong organizational skills and knowing I have to pack lunches every day I got busy. I just spent 2 hours cooking some meats, washing and cutting a ton of assorted veggies and did some serious bagging. Even went so far as to make little bags up that I can pull out of the freezer that has tortilla, serving of turkey and a few that has a slice of turkey bacon as well. So now instead of trying to think at 4:30 in the morning of what to pack for lucnh I can just open a bag pull out a meal, add some veggies( cut and bagged also)and off I go. I keep several low cal salad dressings at work to add to the wraps.
    Next on the list is putting some to go breakfasts together and see what might be hiding in the freezer.
    Now there is no excuse for not eating all those yummy, bright fruits and veggies.
  • Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    What a great idea :drinker:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    You rock, Bookie!! :glasses:
  • Booksarenice
    Booksarenice Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    here are a few great money saving tips I used when my kids were growing up- I grew up in Fla. so those great little buggaboos would get in the grin products. One way we solved this was by freezing flour, sugar, cornmeal, etc. As I raised my kids I found myself at the dollar store at times. I would see cherrios, chips, cookies and thought "I bet I can freeze these'. Sur'nuf- I'd buy those dollar boxes(often regular sizes) and throw them in the freezer. Never could count on having money to buy weekly deals at grocery stores and so I'd do the best I could. Queen of freeze! * tip- ya know those cute red coffee cans we buy today. I use then to freeze cookies, and other items. Saves on freezer space, buying large amounts of freezer bags. I even pour cool homemade soup into ziplock bags then put them into the coffee canisters. Perfect single servings that fit great in my lunch bag and acts as the ice to keep things chilled during the drive.This allows me to use my little plastic containers for other items. I know that freezing things flat saves space but this helps me organize my freezer a little better.
  • Brittany1979
    Brittany1979 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Awesome idea! :happy: