How long do you hate yourself for???

Options
2»

Replies

• AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I have an eating disorder so I'm probably not the best person to give you feedback, but I have learned recently that just breathing deeply, relaxing, and maybe drinking some hot tea and NOT hating yourself for it is the best way to go. I've found that punishing myself for a binge does nothing good, it just makes me feel even worse. No set time, just forgive yourself immediately and move on. It's not like this is the end of the world.

As someone who also fights their eating disorder one day at a time, I totally agree with this. I say "well, it's done, no use in dwelling on it. The next meal is coming and I'll do better that time."
  • Jomalone2
    Jomalone2 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Go run or do some sort of cardio to earn at least some of the calories back. But get outside, being inside will make the depression worse. I get seasonal depression so I know I have a monster waiting around the corner for me as fall begins. Ugh.
  • daisymaegreen
    daisymaegreen Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Let it go as soon as you can. Recently I ate almost an entire bag of Doritos in one sitting, and I mean, a big bag, haha, and it was right before bed, too. I was disappointed in myself, but I let it go because it does no good to hate yourself for it. Just start fresh with your very next meal. :)

i did this same thing just last week! [sigh]