How to loose as much weight as possible in 2 & 1/2 weeks?

Ok so me and family/friends are doing a "biggest looser" comp. (12 weeks) we all pay $5 p/w and the winner is going to take it all which will be around $600NZD... we have 2 & 1/2 weeks to go and so far I've lost 7kg (15.4 lbs). Any Ideas on how to up my game for the next couple of weeks?

Replies

• channa007
    channa007 Posts: 419 Member
    Check out this link: http://themastercleanse.org/

Assuming you use this diet for 10 days, which is what most people do, you can expect to lose anywhere from 5-15 pounds. Some people will lose a little more but that’s the average. Good luck!
  • Wow what a great idea!

Lots and lots of working out and lots and lots of clean food ....fruit and veg.
  • wow! YOU'VE LOST 7KG! you have done awesome :) you can go on a fruit and vege fast, but this is extreme. Also my aunty did fruit day 2days a week and she lost quite a bit of weight. lots of apples and high fibre fruits.
  • ahavoc
    ahavoc Posts: 464 Member
    Liposuction. Otherwise, it's the normal way, like the rest of us.
  • jeforeverje
    jeforeverje Posts: 7 Member
    You should definately try the south beach diet. I'm not in a hurry to lose weight, but I'm seeing rapid results....hope this helps:smile:
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    google PSMF or lyle mcdonald rapid fat loss solution
  • momma3sweetgirls
    momma3sweetgirls Posts: 743 Member
    Chop off a limb?
  • Jujubie
    Jujubie Posts: 130 Member
    Chop off a limb?

Best answer so far! ;)
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    well .. if it's only for a couple weeks you can slim fast for a couple meals - only eat 1 or two meals a day - drink gallons of water. You'll starve, but you'll lose weight
    oh yeah, remember to take a multi
  • Donate a kidney. They're really heavy.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Don't eat. Lay in the sun. Only drink enough water to maintain consciousness, maybe a pint every two hours.

Hope you win! Or lose, or whatever that ridiculous competition is supposed to accomplish for you.
  • MiladyMetal
    MiladyMetal Posts: 184 Member
    Damn, I take a dump and I lose some weight! ;p However, seriously I would focus on eating non-processed foods maybe fruit and veggie smoothies and a lowfat dinner for a couple of weeks, also cut unwanted sodium. Do AM cardio and PM toning exercises, like tabata which will help lose extra weight and tone you. Good luck! Hope it all pays off, literally.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Eat nothing but healthy foods (fruits and vegetables, whole grains, lean meats, low fat dairy, lots of water) and exercise.

And remember that rapid weight loss doesn't usually mean permanent weight loss. Competitions like this are great for motivation but yo have to remember that losing the weight is about improving your health more than anything else. Keep it healthy and you'll have great results, whether you win this competition or not.
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Although this is rather extreme and can BE DANGEROUS, take extreme caution if attempting this. I used to do this if they needed me to drop to a lower weight class when I wrestled. You can put on a sweatsuit a few hours before weight in and do some intense cardio and sweat off a lot of water weight. A gallon of water weight just a bit under 9 lbs. Professional fighters can easily drop 10+ lbs before weight in, then the next day after weight in gain it all back after rehydrating.
  • whatever you do, keep it healthy! the sites all about lifestyle changes and undoing the habits that got a lot of people big in the first place. short term fixes are tempting but imho not really the best.

the site recommendation is 1lbs loss a week, and even double that would be ok, chances are you'll be mostly losing water weight - but much more and i think it's far more likely to be unsustainable and is far more likely to rebound. Better to lose steady and still be losing (if need be) six months down the line than having a race now for a few bucks when your colleagues will likely be back to their old habits soon enough... Just sayin' - good luck either way :smile:
  • Don't eat. Lay in the sun. Only drink enough water to maintain consciousness, maybe a pint every two hours.

Hope you win! Or lose, or whatever that ridiculous competition is supposed to accomplish for you.

I dont think its ridiculous, Some of us are motivated by competition, you shouldnt judge ones way of motivation, this site is to encourage. So what if she wants to win, its only 10 days of hard dieting its not like she hasnt been sensible the rest of the time.

I say go hard i hope you win, either way you will all be winners with the amount of weight you all would of lost! And with all those winnings go treat yourself with new outfits and spoil the kiddies which im sure you will do anyway! Good luck!
  • Teksavvy
    Teksavvy Posts: 133 Member
    I saw this movie awhile ago, Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead. He didn’t just do a simple juice and water/fasting type diet but liquefied fruits and vegetables into drink to sustain him.
    Here are some recipes --> http://www.fatsickandnearlydead.com/about-the-film/learn-more/recipies/

We use a powerful blender to make these and drink one once a day. The drinks are surprisingly filling, yet not that high in calories.
  • looking at your food diary; you dont eat too much anyway. I think what you are doing is enough really. you gotta have energy for ya kids, they take alot out of you. but for a quickloss prob just drink more water till it fills you, then try and eat/drink your shake. Or you can alwaysgo to supermarket get a healthries weightloss supplement - theres a fat blocker and something else, i use to use them (pre kids) blackmores also do some. They may help, dont know though...
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Don't eat. Lay in the sun. Only drink enough water to maintain consciousness, maybe a pint every two hours.

I dont think its ridiculous, Some of us are motivated by competition, you shouldnt judge ones way of motivation, this site is to encourage. So what if she wants to win, its only 10 days of hard dieting its not like she hasnt been sensible the rest of the time.

I say go hard i hope you win, either way you will all be winners with the amount of weight you all would of lost! And with all those winnings go treat yourself with new outfits and spoil the kiddies which im sure you will do anyway! Good luck!

Nope. It is ridiculous. End of discussion.
  • darrcn5
    darrcn5 Posts: 495 Member

Nope. It is ridiculous. End of discussion.

Wow, way to be a jerk!

OP, make sure you keep your sodium in check, eat extra clean, stay away from anything that makes you bloat. I agree with the posters who say to keep it healthy, and best of luck to you on weigh-in day!