new and in need of support buddies

Options
Hi my user name is jplucheck, so feel free to add me.
In March I was seriously injured and due to pain, emotional eating and lack of mobility my injury resulted in massive weight gain. Who would've thought?
In June I decided to get back on track and exercise as much as my injury would allow, but I guess it hasn't been much because I went from 153 to the 167 I am today! No bueno
I wish my significant other would be more motivating but instead he is the complete opposite and ends up talking me out of being active. So I am outsourcing, hoping to find people in my area with the same interests and goals. I am not looking to just lose weight, I am looking to change my life style completely and live a more healthy active life.
Send me a message and let’s encourage and motivate each other to success!
Jody

Replies

• brenpope
    brenpope Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Jody if your interested a bunch of friends and I are part of a facebook group that does just that, motivate, encourage, sympathize if needed, mostly friendship and encouragement.
  • LovesNoodles
    Options
    welcome!!! We're not in the same area but are about the same age :-) add me if you like!
  • Marig0ld
    Marig0ld Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent!!!
  • bklyngirl71
    bklyngirl71 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    welcome judy!!! the support here is great. u need to tell your SO that u need to do this for yourself and that u need his support on this
  • Teenamarie_36
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. This has been the best support site I have seen. I love the calorie and fitness counter. Been using MFP since April 2011. Good luck on your journey and feel free to add me if you'd like a fitness buddy.
  • atomicpunk1974
    Options
    I went through the same thing with a serious knee injury that kept me on crutches and the couch for four months. I gained 30 pounds and wasn't able to get rid of any of it until I found this website. Now that I've been on this site for 5 months, I've lost about 40 pounds and am in better shape than I was before my injury. I hope this site will be as helpful for you as it has been for me! Feel free to add me as a friend if you would like.
  • Spitfirex007
    Spitfirex007 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the site! Feel free to add me if you like.
  • billtownsend
    billtownsend Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hey I hurt my knee last year running and was off for 4.5 months, I gained 25lb. I know what you are going through. But I think you have come to the right place. Eat a good balanced diet and do what exercise you can and before you know it you will be back to the weight you want to be at!