Weighing in

Options
So how often do you weigh yourself?

I feel like I'm becoming a bit of a serial scale girl. I'm forever standing on them. But I find my weight can fluctuate about 4lbs very easily depending on lots of different factors. So should I ditch the constant weight watching and keep it to once a week or is it better to keep an eye on it more regularly?

Replies

• hyde1977
    hyde1977 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Pick one day and do it on those days!

I do wednesdays! as after the weekend you often see a gain/fluctuation as you might not consume as much water. There are lots of factors but if you pick one day (in the morning) you should see consistent results!!!!

Don't get hung up on the changes daily! it happens!

Best of Luck!!!!!
  • Heidi64
    Heidi64 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every Friday morning, have a guilt free weekend and work hard during the week to weigh in again on Friday morning. My husband weighed in daily and drove me nuts with his "I gained a pound" "I lost a pound" "I took a dump, I lost a pound" I finally moved the scale downstairs. Now at least when he's obsessing, I don't have to listen to it. :laugh:
  • sovannac
    sovannac Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I find that the scale is the enemy. I used to weigh myself everyday but after several occasions when the number goes up, I started weighing myself once a week. It's always Fridays in the morning. If you weigh yourself everyday it's going to drive yourself nuts.
  • i weight myself almost every morning.
    So i can stop eating samthing if i gain or keep like that day if i lose.
    It also increases self-confidence and you feel awsome when you see lower number. :D
  • medoria
    medoria Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    If you feel you can handle the fact that your weight has a tendency to fluctuate, due to the body tieing water, I would suggest you weigh yourself every day and then take the lowes score from each week with you going in to the next week. Works for me.
  • catjrow3
    catjrow3 Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I personally think weighing everyday is fine, but usually only in the morning, "empty" and then not again. I think it can help us to eat right that day, and if you are "watching" it, you are more likely to make good choices. But having said that, I think its important to remember that you can fluctuate for no reason... and that the "weekly" number is what should count. But I weigh everyday and I think it keeps me "on task" everyday!! JMHO....
  • skinnygirl49
    Options
    I weigh every morning, right when I get up in the morning and after I go to the bathroom. I write it down each day. I know it can fluctuate and I take that in consideration but I'd rather do that instead of waiting one week to weigh in :smile: .
  • jrusharound
    jrusharound Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself about once a week...and don't even own a scale (because I'm sure I'd obsess & stand on it every morning & night- believe me tho, I've thought about getting one lots, I just choose not to). I just get up early about once a week & go down to the gym & use their scale. I think doing it this way helps me stay focused on doing healthy things like eating right & exercising instead of being worried about the day to day fluctuations in my weight. If you develop a healthy lifestyle/habits, the weight will come off!
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    my weight fluctuates up to 8lbs or so depending on what i've been eating, personally i think it's better to go by the mirror, tape measure and how you feel vs the scale. scale weight is just a number imo
  • emmymcq
    emmymcq Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I used to weigh everyday and our drive me crazy. I weigh myself once per week on Fridays.
    5320231.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • scyian
    scyian Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys. I think I'll try and stick to one day a week then and get the tape measure out as well.