Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

How has MFP changed your life?

quichebradford
quichebradford Posts: 327 Member
Before I started this journey on MFP, I used to eat anything I wanted...and loved every minute of it. I decided to look up how many calories were in one of my typical days of eating. Get a load of this!

Breakfast - Ham, egg and cheese croissanwich, hash browns, coffee = 710 cal
Midmorning Snack - donuts = 434 cal
Lunch - Popeys shrimp basket with cajun rice and biscuit with sweet tea = 710 cal
Afternoon Snack - Edwards heryshey pie = 280 cal
Dinner - Homemade hamburgers and fries with arizona green tea = 840 cal
Dessert - Cake and milk = 610 cal
Bedtime snack - Cereal & milk = 430 cal

Total cal for the day = 4,014

I've been on this site for about 98 days, eat approx 1200 net calories a day, have lost 22 pounds, and made some great friends!

So...what has MFP done for you lately?

Replies

• I know coming to this site has made me think about everything I put into my mouth... and in that time I have lost 27lbs so far... I love this site!!!!
  • Dallas9293
    Dallas9293 Posts: 6 Member
    That is an awesome change in your diet! Congratulations on losing 22 lbs! I've dropped 25lbs since March because of MFP as well! Never did a typical day that I had before starting MFP, but I'm betting it was between 3,000 & 4,000 calories as well! Good luck and keep up the good work!
  • vsyates
    vsyates Posts: 373 Member
    I've never done this -- actually figured out how many calories I was consuming every day before MFP -- but your post could have been me 100% Too funny!! MFP has totally changed the way I eat and think about food. I'm healthier than I've ever been and wearing smaller clothes than I ever remember wearing :flowerforyou:
  • Queen_Christine
    Queen_Christine Posts: 342 Member
    I started my weight loss journey 1/1/11. I wondered how long I would be able to do it "this time".

I joined MFP 2/20/11 (thereabouts) and I am now 190+ days on MFP.

When I started MFP I was shy about opening my diary, making friends, sharing my personal thoughts with strangers on the internet.

Then, I started doing more than logging food and exercise. I started reading the NSV's and Success Stories. Soon after that I was commenting on posts. Which led to friend requests... Which led to the realization that a good support group is more than motivating - it's fun!

Now I'm on MFP as much as time allows - and I have more friends than I have time to support to the fullest... (Sorry !)

But I feel strong enough to continue this for as long as it takes - and to be there for others after I reach my goal.

I tell everyone I know about this wonderful website.
  • It actually has been a blessing to me... I have learned so much from MFP. I also, have met on line, a lot of wonderful people. I love MFP!!!!!!!:heart:
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Before I started this journey on MFP, I used to eat anything I wanted...and loved every minute of it. I decided to look up how many calories were in one of my typical days of eating. Get a load of this!

Breakfast - Ham, egg and cheese croissanwich, hash browns, coffee = 710 cal
    Midmorning Snack - donuts = 434 cal
    Lunch - Popeys shrimp basket with cajun rice and biscuit with sweet tea = 710 cal
    Afternoon Snack - Edwards heryshey pie = 280 cal
    Dinner - Homemade hamburgers and fries with arizona green tea = 840 cal
    Dessert - Cake and milk = 610 cal
    Bedtime snack - Cereal & milk = 430 cal

Total cal for the day = 4,014

I've been on this site for about 98 days, eat approx 1200 net calories a day, have lost 22 pounds, and made some great friends!

So...what has MFP done for you lately?

You're doing awesome! Isn't it crazy the amount of calories we used to eat before this site??!! I don't EVEN want to look up the "Great Wall of Chocolate" from PF Changs!