Hi! Hoping MFP can help me lose weight!

Options
Hey! My name's Liz. I'm a married momma of a 7 month old boy. I gained weight before, during, and after pregnancy. Now I need to work to lose it. I have a gym membership and go 3-4 times a week to gain some endurance. Soon I'll be going 6 days a week. I haven't lost weight because of mine and my husband's eating habits. We're working on eating better and I know this'll help!
I hope to gain some online-friends who are trying to lose weight after pregnancy, too!

Replies

• Mishy
    Mishy Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    Welcome, MFP is a great place to be! You can and will reach your weight loss, fitness and health goals :smile:
  • onevision
    Options
    Good luck! I recommend using the diary function, and adding some friends so you can share in their success and get encouragement, I'm finding it really motivating!
  • sexyminxinthemaking
    Options
    my little man is 18months and im trying to loose my baby weight feel free to add me :-)
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    I gained sympathy weight when my wife was pregnant. and we both gained even more afterward. Our boy is now 6 and we are changing our lifesyle now. Me more than her. MFP can help a lot. One piece of advice, as tempting as 2 pounds per week is, set your goal as 1 pound per week. It is slower, but it allows you more time to un-learn your bad eating habits and re-learn new ones. Welcome.
  • nikkizmom1962
    nikkizmom1962 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome feel free to add me this is a great site to help and support you in your journey..good luck:)
  • poseidon9447
    Options
    Hello and welcome. MFP helped me out to lose weight, I had already been doing the same work out I am currently doing for two weeks prior to starting MFP without losing weight. As soon as I adjusted my diet weight started to come off. I did not realise how bad I was eating until I started tracking myself. I had way to much sodium and sugar and hardly any fiber, once I saw this I was able to start adjusting. I am still not to the diet I need but I am getting closer.
  • beezer1980
    beezer1980 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm with you on losing the baby weight! My youngest dd will be 7 months this week.. I am still trying to lose weight from my first pregnancy 7 years ago! lol