My first post here because well, it's my first NSV here!!! Y

Options
While I know that most people only care about NSV's if therir number are not moving, I would like to take a moment and pat myself on the back for this amazing accomplishment. Yes, my numbers are still moving but I have not noticed personally how much 17 pounds can make a difference until today.

My husband (who is in shape and in the military) and I go for bike rides a couple times a week.
I am the fat kid usually holding up our mini pack of bikes going down the trail. We usually get a mile, maybe two and then I have to face embarassment and turn around, even though my pack is ready and able to keep going without me, they turn around because they believe they are only as strong as their weakest member.

Today, I biked for 90 minutes to a park I could have never made it to before without becoming ill!. I am not sure how many miles it was, all i know is that in the past I either didn't make it, or make myself sick getting there and I have only made it once.

Today, I biked there, keeping up with my husband and sometimes pulling ahead!
Today, I was not sick, winded, or in pain!
Today, I did not quit or turn around!
Today, I felt my first victory I have had in years!

Now, I am pround. Let me add the best part(and worst part).
Once at the park I had a tire that went flat from a thorn.
I biked 45 minutes back home (airing up my tire every 15 minutes) and it was much harder to with a flat tire, trust me I felt every pound of my body weight fighting gravity up hill!

When we got home, my husband for the first time said he actually got a workout in today going with me. He never gets a workout in going with me he usually just does it for fun. For the first time in our whole marriage I did not feel like a burden to my husbands workout. I actually felt like a good team mate!

Replies

• kerrylou150
    Options
    amazing story! thanks for sharing :)
  • Kaycurrier
    Options
    Thank you, so much, you have no idea how muc your kind words mean to me!
  • sjtreely
    sjtreely Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    HUGE deal on sooo many levels. Congrats!
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    YAY what a great day for you! So glad!
  • mestupscout
    mestupscout Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Nice story. Sounds like a great day for the both of you!
  • sexyminxinthemaking
    Options
    well done thats brilliant :) keep up the good work x
  • SeasideOasis
    SeasideOasis Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! I feel the same way when my bf and I play tennis. When he finally said he was exhausted (and beat him), it was a glorious moment! I'm happy to hear your biking news! Keep up all your hard work!!
  • Queen_Christine
    Queen_Christine Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! I know just how you feel. We live down the street from a bike trail that is 9 miles long, 18 miles round trip. I have conquered it this summer, ridden it many times now, (round trip) in 1hr 45 mins. Not only that, I can rollerskate it (1 way trip only) 9 miles in 90 minutes! And I'm 52 years old! :laugh:

GREAT NSV! Congradulations!
  • Kristy144
    Options
    Way to go! I remember when I recently first started riding my bike again-- I about died! Now I can make it up and down hills without having to stop!
  • Kaycurrier
    Options
    COngradulations! that is amzing for a person of any age!
    Our bike trail her connects through almost all the towns in the bay area and the shortest one is 28 miles one way! My husband wants to work our way up to doing that. Making a day trip and packing a lunch. Leaving the kids at home because that is way too much for them!
  • Kaycurrier
    Options
    Way to go! I remember when I recently first started riding my bike again-- I about died! Now I can make it up and down hills without having to stop!

Ya, I remember when i first started riding again I was sore for a month and yes I had to walk my bike uphill, now I can actually ride up!
  • LJSpady
    LJSpady Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I bet it feels great to not only prove to yourself, but others that you're totally capable!!! Keep up the great work!
  • xginanax
    xginanax Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    awww thats great! so proud of you! hehe when you do something that you've never done, you feel soo good about yourself. i know that feeling! :) x
  • grunt0321
    Options
    That was an awsome job you did this morning baby keep it up
  • Kaycurrier
    Options
    thanks sweetie!
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    This is what it's all about - not just losing weight but making us healthier. Thanks for the inspiration!
  • nikkizmom1962
    nikkizmom1962 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Great story and what an inspiration. So nice to hear positive things that is why i love this site. Thank you for sharing:)
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!
  • chedeco
    chedeco Posts: 109
    Options
    Wow, I'm impressed! And proud of you! I love that feeling when you finally prove to yourself that you can do something and it only makes it better when you have loved ones around to witness your victory. Props to you for powering through and props to your hubby for being so supportive and patient! Great work all around! :happy:
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    YEAH for you. It's an AWESOME feeling I know. I can easily push myself to 20+ miles now when 2 months ago I was dying at doing 2-4miles!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!