Layoffs

Well my husband went to work today like normal and got sent home. They busted everybody down to 2 days a week.

I guess that's one way to eat less....

Replies

• TRLTAMPA
    TRLTAMPA Posts: 824
    Well my husband went to work today like normal and got sent home. They busted everybody down to 2 days a week.

I guess that's one way to eat less....
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    :frown:

Sorry to hear that! :heart:
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    That's too bad. I think we will be seeing more and more of that.
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    I'm so sorry to hear that.:frown:

I hope things get better for you.:flowerforyou:
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    that really sucks, sorry to hear that
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    I am sorry, it's almost to the point that I know more people laid off than working. I hope this turns around soon.
  • Lizjkp
    Lizjkp Posts: 278
    Sorry to hear that BUT now you have a partner to do resistance training with and go on long walks with BONUS, share the HOUSEKEEPING with :bigsmile:
    Join the challenge to always see the good in every situation, perhaps he can do some gardening,DIY etc for an elderly person/neighbour (cash in hand?):tongue:

"Life may not be the party we hoped for:angry::grumble: :noway: but while we are here we might as well dance!:drinker :tongue: :blushing:"
  • Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    My hubby's work has bee nlike this for the past few months - you have my deapest sympathies :flowerforyou:
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Let me just say - I am so sorry, and I completely understand.

My DH just got laid off because they found an 'intern' that will do his job for free. :mad: (I hate the movie business :explode: )

I hope he finds supplemental work soon. :flowerforyou:
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    I hate that for you hun! My mom worked her regular 3 days this week only to be told that they were laying her off permanently so now she doesn't have a job either. i think it will get way worse before it gets better. I hope things are ok with you!:flowerforyou: I will be thinking about you!!:happy:
  • réalta
    réalta Posts: 895 Member
    so sorry to hear that huni :flowerforyou:

hubby got another 10% paycut for his xmas pressie this year! :explode:
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    I work in furniture and we have been on slow time. But I can at least be grateful for having a job when so many other people don't right now.
  • I'm sorry to hear that! I know the feeling. My company recently had a lay off and while I was fortunate to keep my job, everyone left was forced to take a 20% pay cut while working an extra 10 hours/week. That stings!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    I'm so sorry to hear that. I don't know what I would do if I lost my job. No hubby or boyfriend to help support me. It's just me. Scary! Good luck to both of you. :flowerforyou: