I GOT TO MEET MY INSPIRATION!

Options
Last night I got to attend a finale/reveal taping of Extreme Makeover: Weight Loss Edition. Watching a real show be made and being an active part of the audience was fun, not fun was the 2hrs of standing in line and the 2-3hrs of standing in the crowd when it was so darn hot and humid. However Chris Powell made it ALL worth it. The shoot didn't end til almost 11pm an by that time what started out as probably around 400 people wound up being about 100/150, and when the shoot was over there was only about 50 people that stuck around. Chris came out into the crowd and took pictures and talked with everyone he could. I had been waiting for this moment for a while! I so badly wanted to meet the man who inspired me to lose the 40lbs I have so far. As I got closer to him I could feel my eyes welling up with tears and when I finally walked over to him I just said "thank you" and started crying. I then told him my story about how my husband and I had been trying to have a baby, but I knew in my heart that I was having trouble due to my weight, and that in Jan I started on my Journey, and how watching him and the show helped me to push through, He started to tell me about how it's a journey and how you just have to keep going, and when I told him I was 10 weeks pregnant, He was so taken aback,the look on his face was priceless he gave me the biggest hug and congratulated me and told me how he and his wife just had a baby, and how he knows cravings can hit but to keep up with the healthy lifestyle (which inspired me to get back on track,even with my bun in the oven). My goal is to meet Chris again about 2 years from now and show him the transformed me (and the baby) and to thank him again. I don't think I've ever had a person that I was ever so inspired by. But without God and Chris,I don't think I'd have the little miracle growing inside of me that I have :)

Can't get the pic to show up in the post so heres a link: http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y256/NotTheGirlUThink/Pix Of Me/Pic_0904_005-1.jpg

Replies

• Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    What a truly lovely story! Thanks for sharing, and best of luck with your pregnancy and continued healthy lifestyle!
  • megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    I loved that whole post, I almost cried when you said you were pregnant. Congratulations on the weightloss, the baby, everything!!!
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,672 Member
    Options
    Weird. I tried to post the pic for you but it won't work.

Anyway, GREAT SHOT! And congrats. :)
  • iwantniceabs
    iwantniceabs Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I LOVE that show! How exciting for you to meet Chris!! Good luck with your healthy lifestyle journey and congrats on your BABY!!!!
  • Snakey74
    Snakey74 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome! Congrats on the baby!!
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,611 Member
    Options
    That is wonderful! Congratulations! On both counts!!!!