Ok - What the heck?!

Options
I am new to this program and they want me to monitor my calories. They set a goal for staying under 1440 calories.

I'm eating....more than I normally would - and my carlories are still WAY below. Like 900 to 1000 each day. But I'm not hungry. I'm eating full meals and eating snacks.

It doesn't make sense.'

Replies

• Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    I am new to this program and they want me to monitor my calories. They set a goal for staying under 1440 calories.

I'm eating....more than I normally would - and my carlories are still WAY below. Like 900 to 1000 each day. But I'm not hungry. I'm eating full meals and eating snacks.

It doesn't make sense.'

If you are eating 3 solid meals a day plus snacks you wouldn't be at 1,000 kcal a day. I can easily eat that in 2 meals. What does your daily intake normally consist of?
  • lyknscribe
    Options
    I ate:
    Cherrios - yogurt and water
    Macaroni and Cheese, Mand. Oranges, Green beans and sweet tea.
    Tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwhich and tea

Yogurt for another snack.

Still under 1000k. I don't know if I'm putting it in wrong or what.
  • Care563
    Care563 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Can you unlock your diary so we can see what you are eating? I am vegan and eat lots of veggies and whole foods, hardly any processed food and would find it really hard to eat less then 1000 calories a day.
  • lyknscribe
    Options
    I'm not sure how - Like I said, I'm new to this.

I'm finding it hard to eat things because I had four molars pulled and can't really grind anything. So it's limited to soft foods.
  • Misdy
    Misdy Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I understand where you're coming from and I'm not vegetarian or vegan and don't have a particularly restrictive diet (except that I try to eat healthier foods). I try to add in more snacks during the day and if I still have heaps of calories left I eat a chunk of cheese :happy:
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Options
    I ate:
    Cherrios - yogurt and water
    Macaroni and Cheese, Mand. Oranges, Green beans and sweet tea.
    Tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwhich and tea

Yogurt for another snack.

Still under 1000k. I don't know if I'm putting it in wrong or what.

You definately need to up your protein and healthy fat intake. If you're a vegetarian eat plenty of tree nuts and some avocado.
  • nicothepotato
    nicothepotato Posts: 306 Member
    Options

I'm finding it hard to eat things because I had four molars pulled and can't really grind anything. So it's limited to soft foods.
    There is your problem! Eat some peanut butter, guacamole, or add some olive oil to something. I had a delicious avocado, banana and random veggie smoothie this morning and it was 400 calories.
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Options

There is your problem! Eat some peanut butter, guacamole, or add some olive oil to something. I had a delicious avocado, banana and random veggie smoothie this morning and it was 400 calories.

That's what I'm talking about. For a snack I'll have a handfull of homemade trailmix and an apple covered in homemade peanut butter and it will supply more calories than her entire lunch LOL.
  • twotfluty
    Options
    I'm wondering if you are putting in the portion sizes correctly, too. Based on what you had I would imagine that it would have been more than 400-500 calories. Do you have a food scale that may help you put the right amount of food in your diary?
  • LisaMarieee
    LisaMarieee Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I'm wondering if you are putting in the portion sizes correctly, too. Based on what you had I would imagine that it would have been more than 400-500 calories. Do you have a food scale that may help you put the right amount of food in your diary?
    This. OP, are you sure you're putting in the right portion sizes when you log it?