Having MAJOR issues here.

Options
seriously. i am so sick. my head aches, i have bad gas, i'm flush, i'm irritable, grumpy, starving, and all i can think about it food. i can't concentrate, i can't stop thinking about bingeing, and i just want to stuff my face. UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

why why why why. seriously, why can't i just be NORMALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

sometimes i'm ok with the fact that food controls my life, and other times i'm just so pissed off.

Replies

• ellelit
    ellelit Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    seriously. i am so sick. my head aches, i have bad gas, i'm flush, i'm irritable, grumpy, starving, and all i can think about it food. i can't concentrate, i can't stop thinking about bingeing, and i just want to stuff my face. UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

why why why why. seriously, why can't i just be NORMALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

sometimes i'm ok with the fact that food controls my life, and other times i'm just so pissed off.
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    I know it is so hard! Call someone and talk to them just to get your mind off of eating. You can do this! Don't give up and you are normal. We all have those urges!
  • IUChelle423
    Options
    I know it's tough, but you're doing great if you're on here posting instead of binging! Keep it up - it will get easier! As for thinking about food, eating a lot of small, healthy snacks helps me when I'm thinking about food constantly. Another thing I do is to log the things I know I will eat and all of my fruits and veggies for the day and then I have a realistic number of calories I can have while still having my nutrients covered. I started doing that after I would check my fruits/veggies/calcium at the end of the day and realize I didn't have enough and I would be over my calories if I ate them.

As for the gas and headache, is there something you can take to help with it so you aren't completely miserable? I hope you feel better!
  • ellelit
    Options
    i think it's from not having sugar..... withdrawls anyone?
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    i think it's from not having sugar..... withdrawls anyone?
    it certainly could be..... How long have you been off sugar?

The irratability, grumpy part could be withdrawel symptoms if you've given up simple carbs...they have such an addictive quality:noway:
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    It could be withdrawal. From the sugar, from the way of life you knew.
    But don't give in! We are all here cheering you on! Stay strong, I know that you can win this battle for today. And tomorrow you will feel so much better for it.
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    I can seriously feel your pain. My head is aching and I want a coke so bad that I keep thinking about it. I am also having constipation issues since I started my diet. Hang in there, we can do this, we can get through this. :flowerforyou:
  • briblue72
    briblue72 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    sounds a lot like withdrawal to me. It might be rough for a week or so, but after a while, eating crappy food will make you feel this way the next day.

Don't give in. Think of it as an alcoholic or drug addict - - wouldn't you tell them to hold off if they said, "the only cure is another drink/dose"?
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    To get on the other side, there's no way but through .....the withdrawels come with giving up the crappy food.... the longer you're off it...one meal or snack at a time, a day at a time, several days, a week, weeks etc. ...your body will adjust and love being away from all the crap...

You've done it before ellelit you CAN DO IT AGAIN...You Truly CAN:drinker:

Keep drinking lots of water as you detox, it's not that much differerent than giving up alchohol or smokes... the chemicals are in your body and need to come out...it does take time but is SO worth IT!

Remember how good you felt when you went those 21 days in the Fall? You can get back there...ellelit....you know in your Heart of Hearts...it's the only way to have a good life....a healthy life. To be able to be free of food addiction and be able to begin to make your own choices again....to be able to be more active and not a slave to simple carbs.

Take it one moment at a time...have you got a healthy dinner planned?? Have you eaten enough healthy foods today .....can you grab a complex carb like say an apple (while preparing dinner?)....that's got some sweetness and great fiber so it'll give you that fuller feeling and maybe toss some raw almonds in with it... yum-O:bigsmile:

How about for Dinner, some baked/broiled chicken and steamed veggies, a salad, something that way...

mmm that sounds good:laugh: :drinker: Guess it's cause it's time for me to go fix dinner myself..:wink::laugh:

Might help to pre-plan your menu's then keep posting and share them here....a safe place to be accountable while times are roughest or even in the good times of course:drinker: :flowerforyou:

FC:heart:
  • cherapple
    cherapple Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    "Normal" is way overrated! :happy:

Use your anger as motivation. Refuse to let food control you, and take the culprit foods and kick them to the curb! :mad: When you make healthy eating a habit, you will feel in control because you won't even want those other foods so much anymore. I've been dealing with a few sugar cravings lately myself, but I (mostly) refuse to give in to them. (I've had Stevia and a little maple syrup, but NO processed foods or white sugar!) You can do this. :flowerforyou:
  • ellelit
    Options
    thanks everyone... i just had some mini carrots, alomonds and a big glass of water for snack. i'm still crashing, but i have a nice dinner planned of lean beef, rice, and mushrooms.

i remember the fall, and i know i can do it. i just have to get through this weekend. hopefully my internet wil come back on so i can share with you all how it went.

on a side note, i'm going on a mini holiday next weekend, so i'm already trying to plan my meals. it wont be perfect, but it wont be a free for all like usual...

i have a snack of chicken meat planned for about 5pm to help get me over the hump. i'm going to try to add more protein to my daily plan, but it's a learning process...
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    thanks everyone... i just had some mini carrots, alomonds and a big glass of water for snack. i'm still crashing, but i have a nice dinner planned of lean beef, rice, and mushrooms.

i remember the fall, and i know i can do it. i just have to get through this weekend. hopefully my internet wil come back on so i can share with you all how it went.

on a side note, i'm going on a mini holiday next weekend, so i'm already trying to plan my meals. it wont be perfect, but it wont be a free for all like usual...

i have a snack of chicken meat planned for about 5pm to help get me over the hump. i'm going to try to add more protein to my daily plan, but it's a learning process...
    Sounds like you're doing some smart planning ellelit:flowerforyou: I'm Proud of you!!!:drinker: :smooched:

Doing a lil carb/protein combo like you did works wonders for the mind and body to keep our bodies satisfied:drinker:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    "Normal" is way overrated! :happy:

'Ain't' that the truth though!!!:bigsmile: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • TRLTAMPA
    TRLTAMPA Posts: 824
    Options
    And I thought I was the only one stinkin up the place! Glad to know I'm not alone. And the headache is getting pretty bad too.
  • DaniellaAnn
    Options
    I get that way once in a while, but I fnd ways to keep myself busy. It could be cleaning, playing games, or having a bath/shower. Eventually the feeling will pass
  • IUChelle423
    Options

ellelit - I'm so glad you posted again. I was thinking about you after your original post and came back to see if you posted again. You're right YOU CAN DO IT!
  • kmdougherty
    Options
    my suggestion for you is to start reading jane austen novels...they are fantastic and completely addicting (in a good way) get in a hot bubble bath with the book and your mind will be anywhere but food!
  • IUChelle423
    Options
    my suggestion for you is to start reading jane austen novels...they are fantastic and completely addicting (in a good way) get in a hot bubble bath with the book and your mind will be anywhere but food!
    LOL! I like that suggestion!
  • Phoenixflame
    Phoenixflame Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Think of it this way--it's the sugar/refined carbs making you feel this way, as a final "fvck you!" as they leave your body. This is how bad they were when you were eating them on a regular basis. You're seeing processed sugars and refined carbs in their ugliest, truest forms. If something makes you feel this bad, it can't be good for you.

You're giving them the finger by not giving in!

I found a great craving killer--get a big cup of ice water and mix in two teaspoons of apple cider vinegar. Now, I'm not one of those people who does the Mexican hat dance over the magical properties of AVC, but it TOTALLY kills my sugar cravings and...perhaps this is just because of my love for the Roman Empire...I think it tastes pretty good. It should be tart, but not burning your throat at all.

Oh! Something else I do, though this would not work for everyone. I find a cookbook for non-sugary/carby dishes, like meat dishes and vegetables, and just flip through them, getting ideas and whatnot. Takes my mind off of sugar and puts it on less carby yummies!