Losing weight in the Caribbean is hard despite the heat

Options
Hello,

I started my lifestyle change and weight loss journey on January 18, 2011. I am 5'3" and since then I have lost 36 lbs, 2 dress sizes and my bra size changed as well. I would like to lose another 35-40 lbs by the end of the year but I'm not sure if that is a realistic goal. I have not been as consistent with following my plan as I should have been because life happened along with vacations and that is why I decided to sign up for MFP after someone recommended that I join. My downfalls are sugar and chocolate and if there was such a thing as diet chocolate I would have shares in it. I would love some support from people who will encourage me on my weight loss journey. I know I can do this but getting inspiration from others keeps me motivated.

Replies

• LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    We're on the same height. I'm 5'3 & I currently live in a tropical country so I understand the hot climate that we are facing. First of all let me say that you're doing great having lost 36 lbs. & 2 dress sizes. As for your add'l goal of 35-40 lbs. you have to know first if that is really a realistic loss, if you already find your bones peeking out at your current weight or if you're have to make a lot of sacrifice just to maintain that loss then that means its not realistic enough. Its also good to know your BF%. IF your BF is between 21-24% which considered as healthy, then it means you don't need to lose that amount or else you might lose some muscles which is not desirable.