Excess skin after 130 pounds lost....

Options

Replies

• MsNewBooty83
    MsNewBooty83 Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    theres alot of mommys out there that wish for a cure also! lol...i think time will eventually shrink some of it back up...but i think anything with strtech marks thru it is gonna stay kinda saggy no matter what. my goal to lose 12lbs more and maintain it for over a year (to see what my belly skin does) then im going for a tummy tuck. i figure if i busted my *kitten* this hard, i deserve to feel my best and if its going to take surgery to get there, then im gonna do it. no shame......CONGRATS TO YOU!!!!! 130 lbs! SO AWESOME!
  • jgood21
    jgood21 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    bump
  • lokin4deer
    lokin4deer Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • Rawrbyn
    Rawrbyn Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I have lost over 100lbs and have saggy skin here and there. I plan on doing strength training to tone up, and see if it helps. If it doesn't....then....oh well? I'll be healthy. That was the whole point of this journey. Not to win swim suit competitions. Spending $22k to cut up my body just to LOOK GOOD? Wow. In 15 years, all of that is going to sag again. I mean...spend your money on what you want. It just seems a little superficial.
  • Elizabeth38NC
    Options
    I found this interesting....

http://www.bodyfatguide.com/LooseSkin.htm
  • arsonsmom
    arsonsmom Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • BabeedollB
    BabeedollB Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    WTG...bump
  • ge0rgieb
    ge0rgieb Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Toddrific
    Toddrific Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    I was under the impression that if you are younger your skin will unstretch.
  • LilCrissieBug
    Options
    Bump
  • mtcHavingItAll
    mtcHavingItAll Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • i_am_losing_it
    i_am_losing_it Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Bumpity bump
  • everytree
    everytree Posts: 127
    Options
    bump
  • pukekolive
    pukekolive Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    bump for when I reach goal - optimism!
  • Queen2day
    Queen2day Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • ScarletShopaholic
    ScarletShopaholic Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I think skin unstretches if you only reach a certain size, but above that size - whatever it may be, I don't think it's pinging back in place.
  • Fieldsy
    Fieldsy Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    I have lost over 100lbs and have saggy skin here and there. I plan on doing strength training to tone up, and see if it helps. If it doesn't....then....oh well? I'll be healthy. That was the whole point of this journey. Not to win swim suit competitions. Spending $22k to cut up my body just to LOOK GOOD? Wow. In 15 years, all of that is going to sag again. I mean...spend your money on what you want. It just seems a little superficial.

I didnt do it just to look good. I felt awful having huge flaps of skin all over my body. It was disgusting. Now I am comfortable taking my clothes off and looking in the mirror. To say that is superficial is a little moronic. I had about a 5 inch flap at my stomach as well as each breast. As any guy who has man boobs and every single one would tell you that they hate them. I hated how my body felt and now I love it. I would of paid double the price for them to "cut up my body".
  • ScarletShopaholic
    ScarletShopaholic Posts: 169 Member
    Options

I didnt do it just to look good. I felt awful having huge flaps of skin all over my body. It was disgusting. Now I am comfortable taking my clothes off and looking in the mirror. To say that is superficial is a little moronic. I had about a 5 inch flap at my stomach as well as each breast. As any guy who has man boobs and every single one would tell you that they hate them. I hated how my body felt and now I love it. I would of paid double the price for them to "cut up my body".

Don't blame you!!! When I've lost a lot more weight, and if I have the money, I will be having bits cut off!
  • Michelled1919
    Michelled1919 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    bump
  • amandager
    amandager Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Lots of great ideas, and congratulations!! I'm not there yet, but the loose skin i'm seeing is staring to bother me. Going to start the gym and strengthening and hopefully that helps.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!