Nook Color

Does myfitnesspal has an app for the e-readers? Specifically, I have a Nook Color and it would be so amazing to have an app for that and be able to record and look up my food.

Please let me know.

Thank you!

Replies

• joehempel
    joehempel Posts: 1,543 Member
    Just root the Nook Color and use the android App.

It's quite simple to do it's what I have done.

go to forum.xda-developers.com and to the nook color section to root it.

If you have 1.3 use the manual noot 4.16.6 version (or something like that) it works for 1.2 and 1.3
  • pffssas
    pffssas Posts: 128 Member
    my daughter has the nook...i just log on through the net connection and log. save it and its easy access
  • robinso5
    robinso5 Posts: 310 Member
    i do what pffsas does! i just log in under the web connection and it works awesome! matter of fact thats what i use to log in on the weekends and so forth!
  • SouLThinking
    SouLThinking Posts: 308 Member
    I have the Nook Color and you can use the web browser and go to www.myfitnesspal.com and use it like you would on your PC. I also bought a SD card from N2A (Nook 2 Android) which actually "roots" the Nook Color for you but doesn't change anything long term. It boots from the card and you can go back and forth between the card and the original Nook color software. This is great because I now have Kindle on my Nook LOL Along with all the android market which includes MFP! love it
  • joehempel
    I have the Nook Color and you can use the web browser and go to www.myfitnesspal.com and use it like you would on your PC. I also bought a SD card from N2A (Nook 2 Android) which actually "roots" the Nook Color for you but doesn't change anything long term. It boots from the card and you can go back and forth between the card and the original Nook color software. This is great because I now have Kindle on my Nook LOL Along with all the android market which includes MFP! love it

Ive got it where I have the software on top of the B&N software....that way I can still use the store and have all the anfroid apps there. I don't use CM7. I assume thats what you have booting off the sd card. But yeah having the kindle app on it is pretty darn cool...except I will never buy from Amazon lol.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    I too find that just going to the site in the browser works just fine.
  • SouLThinking
    SouLThinking Posts: 308 Member

Ive got it where I have the software on top of the B&N software....that way I can still use the store and have all the anfroid apps there. I don't use CM7. I assume thats what you have booting off the sd card. But yeah having the kindle app on it is pretty darn cool...except I will never buy from Amazon lol.

I have heard of that too. I just liked the idea of this card because I can take it out and it restores it back to factory and doesn't void my warranty. Not saying your way does but I also wanted a short cut and this gave it to me. :) I have found also lately that I read more using the Aldiko app on it then the nook or kindle app.
  • joehempel
    I used to use Aldiko, but I ended up buying Mantano. It has perfect PDF support...I actually use it over the stock reader, the ONLY reason I'm not moved over to CM7 is because I like the store layout LOL.