Scared to raise my exercise calories...

Options
:((( was anyone else like this?

Okay so.. math time. I'm 5'1, 18 and I'm around 115lb. My BMR is between 1250-1350, so on days off I know it would be ideal to consume 1200 calories. Although my body will be burning more than those digits even without exercise it's still in my comfort zone. But must I really raise my exercise calories once I go to the gym? Is it possible not to and lose weight healthy and keep it off? Will my body definitely go into starvaton mode?

At the gym, tell me if I'm wrong with this, I burn around 200-400 calories a day. So I was thinking (if I do raise...) on those days I would consume 1500 calories as machines aren't all that accurate.

But, really, I'm scared. How any pounds would I lose a week if I did raise? How do you lose 2lb a week, work harder at the gym?

Thanks!

Replies

• macylane4
    Options
    I think you should eat back half of the calories you work at the gym. Eat your calories and half of the work out calories! Work out as much as possible! Your end result will be an awesome lean body!! I wish I was 115lbs again :(
    I let myself eat so much I gained 200lbs! Now i have to work to lose all of that! I'm 5 10 though so I wont go back that small again!!