Very, very confused...

I am confused. I went away this weekend, and completely GAVE UP on healthy eating. I ate cake, chocolate, crisps, ice cream - you name it, I ate it. However, I weighed myself this morning, and I have LOST 1.4lbs. HOW DID THIS HAPPEN?

Don't get me wrong - I'm ECSTATIC about this, but I just don't see how it could happen. During the weekend, the only exercise I did was about an hour of gentle walking each day. Have I just revved up my metabolism enough over the past few weeks of healthy eating and exercise that a few days of indulgence doesn't have much of an effect?

What I'm scared of it that in a few days my weight will GO UP as a result of the weekend. Has this ever happened to anyone else? Do you think I'll put the weight on later on???

Any help or guidance will be much appreciated :-) Thanks!

Replies

• Wish this would happen to me after I have had a binge. I put on weight straight away!! xx
  • Sezmo83
    Sezmo83 Posts: 331 Member
    When I did Weight Watchers I'd have the occasional blow out at weekend and it never showed on the weigh in on Monday, I'd often lose in fact. However, most of the time I'd end up staying the same weight at the following weeks weigh in despite being really good to make up for the blow out.
  • Congrats on the loss, hopefully it stays away for you
  • lilyinlove
    lilyinlove Posts: 441 Member
    Just don't worry about it... You lost weight be happy about it and get back on track. I think we all need some indulging foods once in a while. Where would all the fun be ? Just drink plenty of water and keep up the previous good work.
  • xASHYxSMASHYx
    xASHYxSMASHYx Posts: 175 Member
    it's normal for weight to fluctuate a few pounds either way due to water. The occasional weekend extras are good once in a while it's what helps you from falling off the wagon completely. Just don't stress too much about it :)
  • moushtie
    moushtie Posts: 371 Member
    I know some people call the days when you go over on calories "metabolism boosting" days. Basically it shakes up your system and lets your body know that there isn't a famine going on, so it is happy to let go of some weight. I often lose after a high calorie day, as long as it wasn't also a high sodium day. Sodium makes me retain water like crazy, so it balances out the effect.
  • 4theking
    4theking Posts: 1,196 Member
    This is known as the woosh effect and sometimes happens after overeating for a day or two. When you lose fat the fat cell fills with water. This can sometimes mask your weightloss on the scale. Things such as a break in exercise or a binge/spike/refeed often times cause your body to release this water.
  • walkdmc
    walkdmc Posts: 529 Member
    After years of dieting off and on (more off than on) this same thing happens to me. You may have been running a big enough calorie deficit before your trip that even overeating didn't offset your deficit. There are other explanations but I'd advise you get back on track and stay off the scale for the next week.
  • CARNAT22
    CARNAT22 Posts: 764 Member
    You may well have kick started your metabolism but I uarentee if you ate liek that every weekend you would not lose every week :noway: