Kettlebells???

Options
I"ve been reading up on Kettlebell work outs. Are they as great as they say? What is the best work out video for beginners? Where can I find the actual Kettlebell? What kind of results have you seen from them?

Replies

• morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    bump
  • DoncasterPhotography
    Options
    Try Kettleworx. Their program comes with a bell.

Ive done my partners Kettlethetics, and yes.. using the "Cindy" 4lb bell, and its pretty good. Its more of a dancy/aerobic workout than an all out Kettlebell workout.

That said, i've just done it using a 20kg bell.... talk about sweaty!!

This site has some good info http://www.liftkettlebells.com/ also reviews on DVD's and kit.
  • aoifebr
    Options
    I learned from my trainer sorry & do them as part of my overall routine but LOVE them!!! When I train on my own I always include some kettlebells for a full body work out i.e. squats with shoulder press, straight into a bend row, the swings...

There are some great youtube videos, I've seen one by an irish lady called Marianne, she does kettlebells as part of over all routine but it might help. Good luck.
  • gipperakh
    gipperakh Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I've found kettlebells at Walmart, and I just recently found an article online that showed the 'only' two exercises you needed to do that worked the whole body and burned lots of calories, one of them involved a kettlebell. Here is the link. http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/training-day/201108/lose-fat-2-exercises
  • DK30096
    DK30096 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    WOW thanks for the great information!!! I think I'm going to start working Kettlebells into my program for sure!!!
  • TomehToxic
    Options
    I do kettlebells on my rest days from p90x i work them into a punchbag routine with some free weights as well. I have a 10kg one and do the standerd put it between your legs, legs wide apart and swing. I work it up sometimes by trying to let go of it halfway and catch again (not recommended). Great work out will leave you sore ;)