Anyone having trouble shedding pounds?

I am a 49 year old woman, with three teen/pre-teen children. I'm 5'8" and 181 pounds. I would love to return to 160, my post-pregnancy weight. (I mean, I don't think I'm going to see my college weight of 140 ever again!) But, I cannot shed a pound. I'm exercising with cardio and strength training, I'm trying to eat right. I'm really dedicated to this journey and I WILL find a solution. But - is anyone else out there having this problem, or has anyone succeeded past it? I would love to hear from you - please friend me and we'll go forward.

Replies

• Missmaggieann
    Missmaggieann Posts: 68 Member
    I was having problems shedding the weight until I started the south beach diet. I also had been exercising and trying to eat right for about 4 months with no success, I have had some success with this diet before and decided to give it a try again.
    The first two week are the hardest but I think the meal plan is family friendly. I use their examples as a guide line but make my own menus sometimes using their recipes. Basically you are eating 3 meals and 2 snacks a day. The first two weeks is primarily lean protein and vegetables, after that you can add fruit, brown rice, whole grain breads and pastas etc. If you are interested I would recommend getting the book and one of their cook books. You can join online but its not free and works out to be about $200 a year, not worth it to me when you can combine the information in the book with the tools on this site. I just completed the first week and lost 4lbs without being cranky.

Hope this helps