I want pizza!

Options
Okay, so I've done quite well lately. Esp with DH not here, I don't buy or eat junk food nor do I drink pop while hes gone. I wanted pizza so bad. So I went on to the domino's website to find something that looked good. While I was looking at all the yummy pizzas, I saw the nutrional info and it was not good. So I ended up getting a nice chicken caesar salad :) Only 218 calories.
I'm so proud of myself, I just had to share.

Anyone else make a good choice when they were about to make a bad one?

Theres only one bad thing on my mind now.... I'm heading back home on tuesday for a couple months while DH is deployed, and my mom is hooked on Coke-a-Cola and my dad always has Chocolate ice cream! I don't know how I'm going to last!?!?!

Replies

• MAJackson88
    Options
    Okay, so I've done quite well lately. Esp with DH not here, I don't buy or eat junk food nor do I drink pop while hes gone. I wanted pizza so bad. So I went on to the domino's website to find something that looked good. While I was looking at all the yummy pizzas, I saw the nutrional info and it was not good. So I ended up getting a nice chicken caesar salad :) Only 218 calories.

Theres only one bad thing on my mind now.... I'm heading back home on tuesday for a couple months while DH is deployed, and my mom is hooked on Coke-a-Cola and my dad always has Chocolate ice cream! I don't know how I'm going to last!?!?!
  • brookefoley
    brookefoley Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your will power!

I made homemade pizza last night and supposedly (according to the calorie counter) it has way less calories than pizza from a store. The pieces are a lot smaller, maybe that's why.

As a military spouse I can relate to what you're going through! Just keep envisioning your new gorgeous body and how your hubby is going to be so amazed when he sees you!
  • bbreault
    Options
    okkk have you seen the new ads for Pizza huts "Whole grain healthy pizza" Im not sure if u have a pizza hut where you live but.....its insane.....they forget about the meat and the cheese!!! i havent had a slice of pizza since probably november and i want some too!!!!!!! ughhhh i can taste the pepperoni!!
  • Jennnnnnnny
    Jennnnnnnny Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    omg pizza is so yummy. i love dominos so much!! their cheesy bread is amazing. anywho lol. when you see that yummy ice cream just remember that even though you want it, your gonna hate how you feel after youve eaten. plus to be honest if you want some you could always just have a little bit even though thats hard to do when eating ice cream:wink: cause you always want moooooore. or at least i do! hehehehehe.
  • Cerabell18
    Options
    Try California Pizza Kitchen's Thin Crust Garlic Chicken Pizza.
    You get a pretty good serving for the number of calories.

Serving Size: 1/3 pizza

Amount per Serving
    Calories 290 Calories from Fat 100

% Daily Value *
    Total Fat 11g 17%
    Saturated Fat 4.5g 22%
    Cholesterol 40mg 13%
    Sodium 550mg 23%
    Total Carbohydrate 31g 10%
    Dietary Fiber 2g 8%
    Sugars 2g
    Protein 17g
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    my grocery store has fresh pizza dough each day. When i want pizza I pick up low fat mozzerella, sundried tomatoes, make my own tomato sauce and if I want I even get some turkey pepperonis.

I can have a 1/4 pizza for under 400 cals....WITH pepperoni!!

Before I found this dough, I used to order
    thin crispy pizza
    lite sauce
    lite cheese
    chopped veggies.

This isnt too bad.
  • MAJackson88
    Options
    Its good to know I'm not the only one who has random cravings!
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options

I always have an easier time losing weight when my husband is deployed- The probem is I gain happy pounds when he comes home lol.. he came home in July and I packed on 9lbs but then I lost it Good thing I got rid of all my clothes from my fat days. You will be fine. Use his deployment as your motivation- Put it in your head that you have a 12-15 months to drop this weight- Or that you have until he comes home for R&R to hit a certain goal-- But don't beat yourself up he will see the smallest difference when he comes back trust me.
    If you need any advice feel free to hit me up-- I have been through many deployments my husband has over 3yrs of Iraq under his belt
  • MAJackson88
    Options
    Congrats on your will power!

I made homemade pizza last night and supposedly (according to the calorie counter) it has way less calories than pizza from a store. The pieces are a lot smaller, maybe that's why.

As a military spouse I can relate to what you're going through! Just keep envisioning your new gorgeous body and how your hubby is going to be so amazed when he sees you!

Didn't think to make my own. Smaller portions is always good.

Well this one is only a couple months and hes not the one to notice differences. lol
    But the next one this summer is a long one and I'm hoping to make some big changes. I really hope I can stay on track when he gets back. He always wants to get fatty foods and go out and doesn't understand why I don't want certain things.
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Make sure you have your own diet soda or flavored 0 calorie water, instead of your mother's Coca Cola, and eat slow churned, no sugar added ice-cream instead of your father's fattening chocolate kind!
  • MAJackson88
    Options

I always have an easier time losing weight when my husband is deployed- The probem is I gain happy pounds when he comes home lol.. he came home in July and I packed on 9lbs but then I lost it Good thing I got rid of all my clothes from my fat days. You will be fine. Use his deployment as your motivation- Put it in your head that you have a 12-15 months to drop this weight- Or that you have until he comes home for R&R to hit a certain goal-- But don't beat yourself up he will see the smallest difference when he comes back trust me.
    If you need any advice feel free to hit me up-- I have been through many deployments my husband has over 3yrs of Iraq under his belt

"happy pounds" lol, yeah, I've done that too. But it wasn't until we got married that I saw the weight packing on.
    Well this one is only a couple months without an r&r, but the next will be a full 12 and it might have an r&r, not sure yet.
  • MAJackson88
    Options
    Make sure you have your own diet soda or flavored 0 calorie water, instead of your mother's Coca Cola, and eat slow churned, no sugar added ice-cream instead of your father's fattening chocolate kind!

I mostly drink water, I always a bottle on me so I don't drink pop.
    The ice cream will be hard though. I haven't had any real ice cream for over a year now. So hopefully I can just ignore it. lol.
  • MAJackson88
    Options
    omg pizza is so yummy. i love dominos so much!! their cheesy bread is amazing. anywho lol. when you see that yummy ice cream just remember that even though you want it, your gonna hate how you feel after youve eaten. plus to be honest if you want some you could always just have a little bit even though thats hard to do when eating ice cream:wink: cause you always want moooooore. or at least i do! hehehehehe.

I definatly can't have just alittle. Its so hard and the sad thing is, Ice Cream, and most other whole dairy products make me sick afterwards, but the ice cream is jsut so damn good!
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    I make my own pizza we use whole wheat tortillas toasted in the oven with tons of veggies and fat free cheese on top!!! soooo good!!! and it's like 170 at the most for the whole tortilla
  • MAJackson88
    Options
    I make my own pizza we use whole wheat tortillas toasted in the oven with tons of veggies and fat free cheese on top!!! soooo good!!! and it's like 170 at the most for the whole tortilla

Never thought to use tortillas before! Thanks for that!
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    Thank you those who are home holding down family life while your spouses serve our country. My DH is Army Reserve. Has done one year in Iraq and his unit could go again at the end of this year.

I know what you mean about "happy weight" I did so good when he was gone, worked my but off, literally! Then he came home and between cooking his favorites, eating out, friends inviting us over. AHHH! We went on vacation and someone asked if I was pregnant! At 48 I was not real excited about that.

I agree that making your own pizza is healthier. I make crust with part white whole wheat flour. It gives a good texture to thick crust (DH's favorite) and makes the thin crust (my favorite) very crispy. Making your own sauce you can control the extras like sodium, preservatives. I make a batch and freeze it in small containers. 2 pizzas per container. I always make 2 that way DH can have what he wants, sausage, pepperoni. I can have peppers, red onion, mushrooms, tomatoes and a small amount of hot Italian sausage that I cook first & drain off the grease.

I don't like to deny myself foods. I just end up wanting them more and then pigging out on them. If I eat alittle when I have the craving then it's over.
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Pizza is my downfall. I can never say NO! Never! You accomplished something that I have never been able to.
  • weesel80
    weesel80 Posts: 186
    Options
    I am a pizza addict! If anything, that is the one food I struglle with all the time to avoid eating!! :sad: I recently bought a Kashi pizza...haven't tried it yet, but the stats looked pretty good. Also, I follow the Hungry Girl website, and there is supposedly a pizza that is fat free and less than 300 calories for the WHOLE PIZZA!!:noway: (Don't know how good...or bad it tastes, but still....):love:

109912.png
  • StayCeeLynne
    Options
    This isn't quite as good as from a pizza parlor, but if you HAVE to have that pizza taste, try taking a whole wheat english muffin cut to make two slices. Add a small amount of Pizza Sauce. Add 2% Mozzerella Cheese. and either a vegetable or even a Gallo's Light salame (taste good) and broil it until cheese is melted. You can get creative with the toppings. Sometimes I brown the English muffins under the broiler first to get them crunchy and then add the toppings and cheese and back in the oven to melt the cheese. Taste better to me than frozen Weight Watchers and like I said, you can get creative with the toppings and even load up on the veggies. You can make it for under 300 calories depending on how much cheese you put on, and of course, if you like fat free cheese you can do that (I don't so I use the 2% skim milk mozzerella). But at least it's portion controlled and you still get that feeling of the eating pizza with the pizza sauce taste and melted cheese. Just a thought...........

Stacie
  • gottaluvboyz
    gottaluvboyz Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    Oh, how I love pizza! Tonight we had company and we got Pizza Hut...I did good and ate a turkey sub from Subway instead. Boy did it smell good though. I have made pizza on the flat out bread before...pretty yummy (and the kiddos liked it too!).