Rediscovery

Options
Just my own personal food for thought....
In dealing with eating issues, I tend to lose myself to the darkness of low self-esteem and self-criticism. I am my own worst enemy and I don't know how to nurture myself. I don't like who I have become. I feel like a failure to myself and to all of those around me.
In working my program, I learn to surrender and to accept the things I cannot change. I gain wisdom and strength. As I learn to take care of myself, I begin to feel good. I become self-aware. I recognize my needs and work aggressively to make sure they are being fulfilled.
I realize that I can choose how to react to the things around me. I accept my true self, I voice my opinions, and I make changes. I realize that people do accept me the way I am and I don't have to hide anymore. For the first time, I am able to re-discover my true identity.
I learn something new about myself. I accept myself for who I am. I prioritize my needs and all of the responsibilities in my life. I find the courage to change the things I can, and I accept the things I cannot. I look in the mirror and with each passing day, I like who I see. I am doing this one day at a time.

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    I have made my health my hobby. I have educated myself on healthy eating and made this a lifestyle not a diet. Welcome and good luck. :flowerforyou:
  • lstnlondry
    lstnlondry Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    This is the best thing I have read on MFP! You are awesome!
  • nursee67
    Options
    Definitely a fridge post! I think many of us need to see this to help remind us that we are not perfect. Thanks for sharing!
  • lovinlife71
    Options
    WOW that was incredible!!!!! Thanks for posting!!!!:heart:
  • catwrangler
    catwrangler Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: